Black Bins: Are Monthly Collections on the Horizon?

Guest makapaka
1. I try to avoid blocking the pavement to make life easier for the disabled, the blind and kids in push chairs

2. For 15 years they have collected my bins from the same place without complaint

3. as above they blow over/away -wind usually blows up along the pavement whereas where I have always left them there is a bit more protection to stop them blowing over

and

4. I am talking about the bins being left although on my property close enough to the pavement that the bin people do not need to step on my property not being left for the bin men to have to hunt

None of these are genuinely valid reasons for not putting your bin out though are they?

I do put them out just not on the pavement

They are reasons for moving them to a position where the bin men do not need to enter my property to take the bin

Also, does putting bins on the 'edge' of the pavement mean:

a. the edge nearer to one's house; or

b. the edge nearer to the road?

Also, does putting bins on the 'edge' of the pavement mean:

a. the edge nearer to one's house; or

b. the edge nearer to the road?

Or

C. Either

Not always possible to stick them on the edge by the road as cars are often parked half on the pavement

Guest makapaka
Not always possible to stick them on the edge by the road as cars are often parked half on the pavement

First world problems eh?

First world problems eh?

:huh:

many would argue that the north is part of the second world

They are proposing to lose the blue box. Your current blue bin will become for the use of paper and card and a new brown bin will be introduced to hold tins, plastic and glass.

Brown?

How very common!

In our neck of the woods we have "Burgundy"!

We also have a full four-colour, laminated schedule printed, so that we know whether it's the black bin collection week, or the green/burgundy combo.

Generally speaking, this arrives about 3 weeks before the collection days are altered...... ;-)

Brown?

How very common!

In our neck of the woods we have "Burgundy"!

We also have a full four-colour, laminated schedule printed, so that we know whether it's the black bin collection week, or the green/burgundy combo.

Generally speaking, this arrives about 3 weeks before the collection days are altered...... ;-)

It's also on our council's website...

yes I saw that

that means we will be kicked out of the Northern Powerhouse?

But maybe we'll then get better transportation: not HS2 but an extension of the London Underground!

However, back on the topic of bins: if there's three of different colours, perhaps there will be a three-weekly cycle of collections.