Black Bins: Are Monthly Collections on the Horizon?

Penny wise, pound foolish. Sums up the bin collections.

Angel1.

Like a lot of things done by public officials it's always "short term gain" with zero concern for the long term.

I'm not sure exactly what they expect a family of 4 to do? Generate less rubbish somehow?

.....in other, entirely unrelated news, flytipping is on the rise, as is the amount of money having to be spent clearing up flytipping.

If only someone could work out WHY flytipping is on the rise.....

Dont be silly. That would require someone with a brain cell in the Town Hall.

Post #3 is correct. They are reducing the frequency of collection of recyclables. My blue bin is currently full after 2 weeks, so more will end up going to landfill/incineration.

Link to proof? please

If only someone could work out WHY flytipping is on the rise.....

That's a bit obvious isn't it? Selfish people doing selfish things, they don't care about their environment and they don't care about their fellow citizens.

Walkley S6..Our Bins haven't been emptied for over Two Weeks..! as of 21st june..!

Guest makapaka
Dont be silly. That would require someone with a brain cell in the Town Hall.

Do people fly tip stuff they could put in their bin? Or stuff that they can’t?

That's a bit obvious isn't it? Selfish people doing selfish things, they don't care about their environment and they don't care about their fellow citizens.

When the council cut the black bin collection by 50% to fortnightly , what did the council expect people to do with the other 50% of the rubbish ? Or maybe the muppets in the town hall thought half of peoples rubbish would just vanish into thin air ?

It aint rocket science to know that once the bin is full , and there is another week until its emptied, the rest of the rubbish has to go somewhere .

When the council cut the black bin collection by 50% to fortnightly , what did the council expect people to do with the other 50% of the rubbish ? Or maybe the muppets in the town hall thought half of peoples rubbish would just vanish into thin air ?

It aint rocket science to know that once the bin is full , and there is another week until its emptied, the rest of the rubbish has to go somewhere .

I can never understand this argument. Half of the rubbish that we used to put in our black bin now goes into our blue bin and box.

The collections havent been cut, there is still a bin collection every week.

Do people fly tip stuff they could put in their bin? Or stuff that they can’t?

There definitely seems to have been a massive increase in the amount of black bin bags you see fly tipped , presumably because people`s bins are full with days until they are emptied.

Guest makapaka

I’ve heard it’s now 3 months.

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 22:46 ----------

There definitely seems to have been a massive increase in the amount of black bin bags you see fly tipped , presumably because people`s bins are full with days until they are emptied.

Funnily enough in our family we manage perfectly fine - I’ve never felt the need to throw our bin bags in a field.

What’s the difference between me and people that fly tip.

We recycle garden rubbish, cardboard, cans/bottles in what the council provide us with, we recycle and dispose at the tip of all our plastic bottles as the council don't provide anything for that (Rotherham) our black general waste bin is full to bursting when it comes round to the fortnightly collection, the plan is to reduce the size of the black bin by half and charge to collect garden waste.

We can't possibly recycle anymore than we already do.

But you can make better choices when you buy stuff. Just don’t buy over-packaged stuff. Then you’ll be able to cope, just like most of the population.

I’ve always managed fine with the fortnightly collection. I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t be able to fit all of their family’s waste into one of those huge bins.

Edited by Rhyno

But you can make better choices when you buy stuff. Just don’t buy over-packaged stuff. Then you’ll be able to cope, just like most of the population.

I’ve always managed fine with the fortnightly collection. I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t be able to fit all of their family’s waste into one of those huge bins.

I manage as well but there again I live alone so it's not difficult.

But I don't have a blue bin it was nicked/disappeared.