Spearmint Rhino has licence renewed

Who is - and what's so good about strip clubs?

Is anyone being exploited in them? As far as I know anyone who works there does so by choice.

Is anyone being exploited in them? As far as I know anyone who works there does so by choice.

They help to perpetuate very damaging ideas about the relationship between the sexes.

They help to perpetuate very damaging ideas about the relationship between the sexes.

Here's a piece which explains that idea a little further, written by someone who worked in one - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/danielle-campoamor/what-i-learned-working-at-a-strip-club_b_8829978.html

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 18:56 ----------

Obviously the OP, and I can’t answer your next question, do you have first hand experience of them?

Really? Do think feminists are really keen on stripping for men?

Here's a piece which explains that idea a little further, written by someone who worked in one - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/danielle-campoamor/what-i-learned-working-at-a-strip-club_b_8829978.html

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 18:56 ----------

Really? Do think feminists are really keen on stripping for men?

No idea, you appear to be the expert on all things women, perhaps you would inform us what women want.

No idea, you appear to be the expert on all things women, perhaps you would inform us what women want.

Being treated as fully human and not just objects for men to leer at, ogle and masturbate over would be a start.

Being treated as fully human and not just objects for men to leer at, ogle and masturbate over would be a start.

That's reassuring, since I leer, ogle and masturbate over fully human beings only.

Wow...So ....What's 'Fully Human'..?

Is that what goes on? I’ll have to take your word for it, not my sort of thing at all.

Ask a self aware, emotionally intelligent friend if you have one, or use the massive resources of the internet right under your fingers.

Or as a starting point, look at the link I posted a few posts ago where a woman who worked in a strip club talks about what she learned from the experience.

On second thoughts, I’ll quit this thread before being accused of being a a Daily Mail reading, Tory voting, Donald Trump supporter, have fun guys. ;)

Edited by Calahonda

Ask a self aware, emotionally intelligent friend if you have one, or use the massive resources of the internet right under your fingers.

Or as a starting point, look at the link I posted a few posts ago where a woman who worked in a strip club talks about what she learned from the experience.

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 19:46 ----------

Seriously; read the link. It might help you understand a little better.

Nah...I got the Gist of your thinking...

I Understand Stuff...You don't like it when folks understand stuff better than you do.

Nah...I got the Gist of your thinking...

I Understand Stuff...You don't like it when folks understand stuff better than you do.

What's your understanding about the nature of men paying to look at, or sexually use, women's bodies? Is it broadly speaking a good thing or not a good thing?

What's your understanding about the nature of men paying to look at, or sexually use, women's bodies? Is it broadly speaking a good thing or not a good thing?

My Understanding is that Men will be Men and Women will be women..!

Make of that what you will..;)