Spearmint Rhino has licence renewed

Guest makapaka
And when did you stop beating your wife? lol

That doesn’t answer the question at all does it? Unless you’re now trying to add domestic violence into the argument against spearmint rhino?

That doesn’t answer the question at all does it? Unless you’re now trying to add domestic violence into the argument against spearmint rhino?

No, what is does is show that your question is what is known as a loaded

question which presupposes something which isn't true. That means that there is actually no answer to it.

Guest makapaka
No, what is does is show that your question is what is known as a loaded

question which presupposes something which isn't true. That means that there is actually no answer to it.

No - you mean you feel unable to criticise the women working in Spearmint Rhino for fear of being seen to be against women - but more comfortable attacking the venue that employs them - or even suggesting someone beats their wife instead.

Your failure to accept that a women is unable to make such a decision is far more worrying to me than the Spearmint Rhino's decision to allow them to use their venue to dance.

So do you blame the women that work there?

No, I think the main problem is with the patriarchal and unequal society we live in in which this has become normalised. The women believe they are empowering themselves by taking their clothes off but it is false consciousness - they are only 'empowered' within a narrow definition that has been shaped by the patriarchy, and yes, it does other women who choose not to participate no favours, but I doubt that is in the forefront of their minds. We have been brought up to compete with other women after all.

---------- Post added 26-06-2018 at 21:47 ----------

millions have been to see and judge based on their physical appearance.

Go to a beach, you will see for more flesh there than you would at a venue but woudl you shut a beach off?

No, because the purpose of a beach is not for people to take their clothes off and behave in a sexual manner for money. I doubt most of the varieties of female bodies seen at the typical beach would be welcome in strip clubs anyway - only a narrowly-defined idea of what is beautiful (and youthful) will do.

Everyone has their reason but it is their choice to do so. Some are just proud of their bodies and don't mind showing them off

This saddens me because so many women these days seem to need validation from others for their appearance. I am proud of my body, because through eating well and exercising I have managed, despite a long term illness, to get to my mid 40s and be able to run for a bus and climb a hill without getting out of breath; I am proud of my body because it is strong and enables me to work and enjoy my hobbies. Not because it is sexually attractive to other people. Surely we should be teaching our daughters that they can be proud of and enjoy their bodies without needing the approval of others or to show them off to men?

Surely in 2018 women are worth more than just being objects for men to leer over, or to display their genitals to strangers for money? Can't we aspire to more than that?

Edited by Agent_C

How does it exacerbate inequality?

Maybe these two items from today's news may go some way to explain.

World Cup reporter Julia Guimaraes' fury at on-camera kiss attempt http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-44611752

World Cup 2018: Female reporter groped and kissed on air http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44560699

Guest makapaka
Maybe these two items from today's news may go some way to explain.

World Cup reporter Julia Guimaraes' fury at on-camera kiss attempt http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-44611752

World Cup 2018: Female reporter groped and kissed on air http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44560699

No they don’t - unless you have an explanation as to why spearmint rhino in sheffield having its license renewed is linked to this.

You still haven’t answered the earlier questions either - you’re just postingunrelated examples of sexism and misogyny.

And when did you stop beating your wife? lol

The lol does not stop your post as being offensive

No they don’t - unless you have an explanation as to why spearmint rhino in sheffield having its license renewed is linked to this.

You still haven’t answered the earlier questions either - you’re just postingunrelated examples of sexism and misogyny.

There is a link - strip clubs promote inequality because the men attending have the power - the money - and the women are there to please them and to appear compliant and sexually available. The woman might think that they are in control but without the paying punters they wouldn't have a job. Normalising this view of women leads to men in the links above thinking they have the right to grope women.

The lol does not stop your post as being offensive

In what possible way is that post offensive???

Guest makapaka
There is a link - strip clubs promote inequality because the men attending have the power - the money - and the women are there to please them and to appear compliant and sexually available. The woman might think that they are in control but without the paying punters they wouldn't have a job. Normalising this view of women leads to men in the links above thinking they have the right to grope women.

Without the women there are no paying punters and who ends up with the cash?

Do you blame the women for doing this work?

---------- Post added 26-06-2018 at 23:16 ----------

In what possible way is that post offensive???

Possibly because you inferred that I beat my wife?

Do you blame the women for doing this work?

I answered that question in my previous post.

Possibly because you inferred that I beat my wife?

I've already explained the comment once.

I'm not going to explain it again. Try Googling it if you are still struggling to understand it.