Redevelopment of Hillsborough

Good morning, I have been thinking of the wrong place all together! I thought it was the shops at morrisons next to the bus station. Clearly I misread an earlier post! Thanks

So are they taking over the building that currently houses Wilko as well, the blue panels cover the first floor of the building.

So are they taking over the building that currently houses Wilko as well, the blue panels cover the first floor of the building.

The current upper floor, looks like it would be flats judging by the mockup.

Been to the exhibition today. There needs to be a proper public meeting it appears everyone has come away being told different things depending on which rep you spoke to. Can see there being major parking issues.

Been to the exhibition today. There needs to be a proper public meeting it appears everyone has come away being told different things depending on which rep you spoke to. Can see there being major parking issues.

It was a pubic consultation, it said so on the comments form in Capital letters that was on the table :loopy: very low key not many people seemed to know about it, they did minimal advertising of it , locals seem to pickup and spread the work, plus of course the star trawling the forums, printing basically a press release and a few online Facebook comments.

Even the shop it was held at had no indication of it beening used for an exhibition sorry I meant public consultation, other than the A3 blowup of their leaflet, that was accidentally put in the window on Sunday morning by a mystery member of the public:D.

Owners are planning to put,

37 one bed apartments

39 two bed apartments

2 three bed apartments

Total 78 apartments.

On top of the Hillsborough Exchange Shopping centre, their PR company held a Public consultation yesterday, did anyone go along to it, I found it all a bit confused when asking them questions, such as allocated parking for the flats, one rep said they didn't know the figures whilst another said they expected zero car users.

they expected zero car users.

In this day and age? :loopy:

I don't think they're allowed to assume zero car users, even with apartments. They can ask the planning department for exemption but it's certainly something the locals should object to.

Told me there would be parking where the car park was for the Old Blue Balll. !

Told me there would be parking where the car park was for the Old Blue Balll. !

Was that allocated parking for the Apartments?

Didn't say they where allocated.

Throw in the lidl store plan for Malin Bridge plus a new housing estate up Loxley and we'll have gridlock.

Ah the joy...