Redevelopment of Hillsborough

I saw this and I thought it meant flats above the Hillsborough barracks. That would be a good idea and that shopping centre needs it, it’s desperate for footfall. Not sure it’s a good idea at the exchange.

The Exchange desperately needs fixing, the owners must be thinking its best away for them to incorporate something very costly into a profit redevelopment making a few million, I'm not convinced it's not been publicised enough to the local community, only Hillsborough forum on Facebook have shared it.

Thers no notices around the Exchange itself or the unit the exhibit is happening in.

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 08:10 ----------

Not enough Hi-Rise Flat's in hilborough....make it a 'Little london'...;)

I not missing:D Big London.

Whats Exchange please

Whats Exchange please

The Exchange is Hillsboroughs little shopping centre, owners are looking to build 78 rented flats on top of it.

The Exchange is Hillsboroughs little shopping centre, owners are looking to build 78 rented flats on top of it.

thanks for that

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 23:28 ----------

thanks for that

always known it as precinct

Whats Exchange please

If they’re also adding a few extra shops and parking I am in favour. As long as we get something back like!

Wish they would put some flats in the barracks though, liven the shops up down there and get a bit more custom in. It could be really nice there if they smartened it up a bit.

thanks for that

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 23:28 ----------

always known it as precinct

Me too, never heard it called exchange before.

I am afraid i have to agree,not a patch on the hillsborough of the seventies when i was a kid.There were tailors,shoe shops,electrical shops,woolies ,co-op and a record shop.Its a shame.

"The times they are a changing" sang Dylan. Boy was he right.

Angel1.

There are large signs above both entrances showing its name is Hillsborough Exchange , people are clearly not alert to their surroundings .

---------- Post added 16-06-2018 at 19:28 ----------

Got a flyer through the door advertising the exhibition today.

There are large signs above both entrances showing its name is Hillsborough Exchange , people are clearly not alert to their surroundings .

---------- Post added 16-06-2018 at 19:28 ----------

Got a flyer through the door advertising the exhibition today.

So did we,

I'm not sure having road facing balconies on such a busy road as Bradfield road will fit in with Labours city Manifesto on Clean Air Strategy.

I asked Josie Paszek a couple of days ago on the current Facebook thread about the 78 flats, what she planned to do about Hillsborough corner and the local pedestrian crossings, they are horrendous with frequent accidents occurring and her plans to improve safety around the centre of Hillsborough?

Typical no response,

I hope the guy that was struck by a bus today makes a full recovery.

They'll be able to look out on the 'infamous' Bradfield Road pothole !

I don't quite understand where these flats will be. From earlier posts it seems they will be built actually on top of the shops in the exchange but then bradfield road is mentioned too. Can anyone advise? Thanks

I don't quite understand where these flats will be. From earlier posts it seems they will be built actually on top of the shops in the exchange but then bradfield road is mentioned too. Can anyone advise? Thanks

The PR company handling the exhibit sent out some small notices of their exhibit, it has a mockup photo, the blue panels that currently sit above the Wilko store would be balcony apartments overlooking Bradfield Road.