Redevelopment of Hillsborough

I've just noticed the Blue Ball on Hillsborough is demolished, does anyone know when they did this or what is going to be built in its place.?

It's been bought and demolished by the owners of the Hillsborough Arcade. They are commercial property developers so in all likelihood it will be an extension of the arcade in some way (perhaps a car park even). But as yet, there have been no plans submitted - it will lie empty until planning approval has been obtained. The council could have prevented demolition until replacement plans were known, they chose not to.

though an old thread now,

when passing it, I'm surprised how big an area it is.

though an old thread now,

when passing it, I'm surprised how big an area it is.

Has it completely gone ?

Guest makapaka
Has it completely gone ?

Yes just flattened rubble there now.

Has it completely gone ?

Yes just flattened rubble there now.

Yep as maka says. It seems to stretch right around behind the bank as well as the area used to be where pub was.

Not surprised it was demolished. It was an old building but could not have seen any use apart from a pub and with its poor reputation it could never have its image rebuilt. Shame though.

There used to be a bowling green behind .

Thanks alex. I didn't know that. What was it in recent years?

One of the oldest buildings in Hillsborough that survived the Great Flood and many a Saturday night out.

More history gone, plans have been submitted for redevelopment, but into what I cannot find out.

The demolition is however listed as being down to the people that run Hillsborough Exchange so maybe they are planning on extending that ?

Looks like it's getting clearer

78 flats on top of the exchange itself.

https://www.facebook.com/HillsboroughForum/?hc_ref=ARSYZXos46CYCTMJv7c27xz3V8yMEcNMWKdYb4h-2UBXaoplBm2RTRwOIc2GNUFYVVs&fref=nf

I saw this and I thought it meant flats above the Hillsborough barracks. That would be a good idea and that shopping centre needs it, it’s desperate for footfall. Not sure it’s a good idea at the exchange.