Redevelopment of Hillsborough

What's happening to the ball in hillsborough fenced off and big digger in the car park ??

What's happening to the ball in hillsborough fenced off and big digger in the car park ??

Its being demolished. Not drunk idiots saturday night demolished.

But flattened with JCB's for a new development.

The place has been a crap hole for years, it made the magnet pub look like the Hilton, bet they needed a skip just for all the security cameras.

The place has been a crap hole for years, it made the magnet pub look like the Hilton, bet they needed a skip just for all the security cameras.

Had some fun nights in the Ball and the Masons in the 70's,but things change, I guess.

It had security cameras?

Had some fun nights in the Ball and the Masons in the 70's,but things change, I guess.

It was a cracking pub I agree, shame how it went downhill.

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 10:47 ----------

It had security cameras?

It was covered with them, it looked like it had cameras pointing at other cameras.

Guest makapaka
It was a cracking pub I agree, shame how it went downhill.

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 10:47 ----------

It was covered with them, it looked like it had cameras pointing at other cameras.

The cameras were mainly for the hoolies weren't they?

Isn't what's left of the original pub a listed building? I'm sure I read that somewhere a while ago.

One of the oldest buildings in Hillsborough that survived the Great Flood and many a Saturday night out.

More history gone, plans have been submitted for redevelopment, but into what I cannot find out.

The demolition is however listed as being down to the people that run Hillsborough Exchange so maybe they are planning on extending that ?

I have walked past it today and it is half demolished already.A sad end to a piece of hillsborough history.Had many happy nights in there in the 80's and 90's.I wonder what were going to get instead,not another coffee shop or takeaway i hope.I have noticed that my favourite balti is being demolished at The Flouch roundabout as well.Gutted.

One of the oldest buildings in Hillsborough that survived the Great Flood and many a Saturday night out.

More history gone, plans have been submitted for redevelopment, but into what I cannot find out.

The demolition is however listed as being down to the people that run Hillsborough Exchange so maybe they are planning on extending that ?

Could be good....as long as it's not filled with nail bars, charity shops, coffee shops, fast food and discount stores...

Could be good....as long as it's not filled with nail bars, charity shops, coffee shops, fast food and discount stores...

but that's the only thing which most of the people round hillsborough will support.