Thieves in Abbeydale

Thanks for the advice, if it happens again I think I will. To be honest, and it sounds bad, I'd rather they got their come-uppance from the police than they got a stern talking to from a Councillor. These kids are not just messing around, they're intimidating innocent people and stealing without regard for other people.

After swapping stories with my neighbours, I have no faith at all that these thieves can 'behave' themselves. It's not the only incident of it's nature in this area - there's a lot of random attacks, etc. My mate's bird got attacked in the street round the corner from me a matter of weeks ago - the only answer is a police presence.

Sounds even more like you need to talk to someone in the community. The lads probably don't give a monkeys about the police but they might be scared of their mothers!

You're probably right - I'm a bit concerned about things escalating though. I know with a lot of youths it's about 'backup' and how many you can bring to the fight. That's what could easily happen if my face gets seen going back and forwards in mediation - hence my preference to let the coppers handle it.

There's a mosque down the road, which seems to be mostly for kids and young people, so I could pop my head round the door and ask to speak to the Imam.

Why are you going to speak to people at the mosque? If you saw a group of white chavs causing trouble would you go into the nearest church to ask the vicar to sort them out?

Having a word with the police is probably the best bet. Something similar may already have happened and adding your very good description may well assist in more ways than you know.

You want to get a crafty photo of their faces, then blow it up and anonymously pin it around the area.... See how their parents like the embarrassment of finding out their kids are scum.

Why are you going to speak to people at the mosque?

This thread's already being hijacked by people wishing to discuss racism - that's not where I'm coming from. In my OP I described one of the thieves as wearing traditional garb - perhaps he had been to prayer that evening... who knows? But basically, the mosque might be a good place to start in terms of speaking to local community leaders - from there I would also look for local youth clubs. This isn't a race issue, this is to do with the area and community, of which a proportion are Asian - therefore, a mosque may provide an inroad to members of that proportion of the community.

Mod: Please keep this thread on topic. Leave out the personal insults and trolling. Thank you.

I hope everything works out for you

Px

Why are you going to speak to people at the mosque? If you saw a group of white chavs causing trouble would you go into the nearest church to ask the vicar to sort them out?

The reason you wouldnt go to a vicar is because not many young white males still go to church but many asians are very devoted to their faith and attend the mosque.

So far they've not been seen again, although the vigils being kept may have put them off. Somehow I've got a feeling they'd be better off if the cops got hold of them...

Here is a nice little device that will scare the theiving little gits off, and totally legal, easy to make and cheap.

http://www.henrykrank.com/section%208%20security%20equipment%20reduced.pdf

Scum that break into peoples houses have no upbringing at all and more than likley they will be adicted to smack or some other drug.

The reason you wouldnt go to a vicar is because not many young white males still go to church but many asians are very devoted to their faith and attend the mosque.

If they are so devoted to there faiths then why are they going around burgling peoples houses, are they redistributing wealth or some other Robin hood type of deed! I dont think that honest Muslims will think that these people are devoted to there faith.