Firth Park Bowling closed

Have been told Firth Park Ten Pin Bowling has closed and it’s not known when or if it will reopen.

Maybe the Information Commissioners Office gave them a huge fine for continuing to send people (including me) emails despite not opting in before the GDPR deadline

I was told it was for refurbishment. I've seen new machinery there.

It’s new old machinery stacked up on lanes 23,24 but newer than the old old machinery, last I heard the centre couldn’t come to an agreement over the cost of installing it, that was months ago.

Maybe the Information Commissioners Office gave them a huge fine for continuing to send people (including me) emails despite not opting in before the GDPR deadline

There is exclusions for smaller businesses and would say that this probably fits this that they don't have to ask you about changes

What was expected to be an hour and half of bowling turned into three hours because of faulty equipment and lanes out of action. what should have been a pleasurable afternoon was a bloody nightmare and made me late for an appointment.

Hope the can get things sorted.

I thought it had shut years ago tbh!

Hope the problems can be sorted used to spend many happy hour or so in there when I was teenager

Doubt it personally, they lost nearly all their leagues which was their bread and butter, can only see it demolished for flats as has been rumoured or gradually vandalised as it has already and a “fire sale”.

The existing AMF machinery was 2nd hand when it was fitted years ago.

The newer stuff may be Brunswick GS10's or GS 92's. Both these are at least 25 years old so i wouldn't expect miracles unles it's been well looked after. I worked on the GS10's at Superbowl in Hillsborough in the early 90's,it's good gear as long as it's maintained.