Legalise cannabis oil?

I thought you'd decided you were not debating with me now? Or has that changed?

Do you know why she's objecting to the oil being legalised? Have you checked?

I thought you'd decided you were not debating with me now? Or has that changed?

Do you know why she's objecting to the oil being legalised? Have you checked?

She was appointed by Theresa May because she is a 'hard-line prohibitionist'

according to my BBC link, others have not been so kind.

Hannah Dingley (mother of multiple seizure son Alphie,) had a face to face meeting with Mrs May 3 months ago, begging for help, and was personally promised help. This has come to nothing, Mrs Dingley has been let down and is devastated.

Presumably Mrs May passed the decision on to Ms Atkins.

And what is precisly wrong with that?

Well if it became legal then it would be easier for more people to setup small-scale grow operations.

Increasing competition would cut into his profits and possibly prevent them from buying a second holiday home :wow::wow::wow:

And what is precisly wrong with that?

Lots of people are against opium and heroin but guess how many painkillers like morphine and codeine are made...

You need to perhaps drop the moral outrage and accept that these two positions are perfectly reasonable to hold.

Many people use painkillers, but not many have a large canabis farm.

I object because she is the Drugs minister, the go to person to get medicinal cannabis oil legalised. She is the one preventing it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-44109060

perhaps you missed this bit in your link:

licensed to grow non-psychoactive cannabis

and:

Speaking in parliament in July last year, she said: "I must first declare an interest, because my husband works for a company that has a license to grow non-psychoactive versions of cannabis to treat epileptic conditions in children.

She was appointed by Theresa May because she is a 'hard-line prohibitionist'

according to my BBC link, others have not been so kind.

Hannah Dingley (mother of multiple seizure son Alphie,) had a face to face meeting with Mrs May 3 months ago, begging for help, and was personally promised help. This has come to nothing, Mrs Dingley has been let down and is devastated.

Presumably Mrs May passed the decision on to Ms Atkins.

So are you debating me now? I need to know if it's worth writing responses that you are likely to deabte or should I merely rebut your comments?

What a surprise, Dianne Abbot sticks her oar in about the oil and cannabis:

Children Are In Pain Thanks To This Government’s Cannabis Oil Policy

https://labourlist.org/2018/06/diane-abbott-children-are-in-pain-thanks-to-this-governments-cannabis-oil-policy/

Can anyone remind me which government was in power when it reclassified cannabis back to a Class B drug and set progression back years?

Three months ago she did not back altering the laws on cannabis, including for medical purposes.

Diane Abbott in cannabis oil U-turn

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/health-and-care/news/96076/diane-abbott-cannabis-oil-u-turn-she-backs-legalisation-medicinal

Edited by alchresearch

If cannabis or its extracts can be used for medicinal purposes then these products should be licensed. After doing a bit of reading up apparently cbd oil can reduce inflammation and is less damaging to your liver than ibuprofen.

It can be used for epilepsy and there is a product called sativex that is licensed for use treating multiple sclerosis. Smoking cannabis can also help asthma and relieve pain.

In fact I know someone who played rugby for years who got into smoking it because it relieved the pain from all the knocks he got playing at a very high (no pun intended) level for a long time. Not the usual type you think of when you think of a dope smoker, but there you are.

Not so sure about recreational use as there are so many different strengths out there.

Edited by Harrystottle

What a surprise, Dianne Abbot sticks her oar in about the oil and cannabis:

Children Are In Pain Thanks To This Government’s Cannabis Oil Policy

https://labourlist.org/2018/06/diane-abbott-children-are-in-pain-thanks-to-this-governments-cannabis-oil-policy/

Can anyone remind me which government was in power when it reclassified cannabis back to a Class B drug and set progression back years?

Three months ago she did not back altering the laws on cannabis, including for medical purposes.

Diane Abbott in cannabis oil U-turn

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/health-and-care/news/96076/diane-abbott-cannabis-oil-u-turn-she-backs-legalisation-medicinal

or someone has changed their view based on the evidence presented to them?

or someone has changed their view based on the evidence presented to them?

No, she's just jumping on the bandwagon and using people's illnesses for petty political point scoring. Its easy to say Labour would legalise it when they're in opposition.

No, she's just jumping on the bandwagon and using people's illnesses for petty political point scoring. Its easy to say Labour would legalise it when they're in opposition.

Would it be better in your view if she'd stuck rigidly to a position despite evidence to the contrary?

Edited by SnailyBoy

I object because she is the Drugs minister, the go to person to get medicinal cannabis oil legalised. She is the one preventing it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-44109060

Actually she’s in a no win position, if she was pro legalisation she would be accused of having a vested interest. As this is not the position, and what with her husband’s business interests, she will be accused of hypocrisy.