Legalise cannabis oil?

By the way it is also legal in 5or6 US States.

Only under State law though, it still remains illegal under National or Federal law.

The thread is about legalising cannabis use and production, this must mean controlled production, pricing and distribution, does it not? It’s not about back garden greenhouses growing a few pots of weed or bath tubs full of gin. All the taxation revenue derived from legally produced cannabis could go to the NHS, sounds like a plan.

If you do grow it then you also have to notify HMRC and pay the appropriate duty even if it is for personal use.

Nope, you don't... you can grow for personal use, it's Bartering or selling tobacco products that is regulated and taxed.

An interesting assertion.

How is alcohol use strictly controlled?

How is production of alcohol at home strictly controlled?

How could something that is already legal be decriminalised?

I thought sales of alcohol required a licence. You have to be 18 to consume it, and you if sell it to someone who has too much, you could be in trouble.

That's a very different set of laws to a can of coke.

Nothing wrong with using cannabis for medical problems. But to legalise it for recreational use I'm not sure. People I know who work with addicts say it's a gateway drug.

Nothing wrong with using cannabis for medical problems. But to legalise it for recreational use I'm not sure. People I know who work with addicts say it's a gateway drug.

It's an old and deeply flawed argument, the real gateway drug is alcohol.

just read a good book about an undercover officer who spent years bringing down these drug dealers and in the end resigned and now works for http://ukleap.org makes you wonder who the winners are :roll:

Not tobacco then, I’m surprised because there are many occasional drinkers, but very few occasional smokers.

The people I'm talking about have worked for years with addicts. I'm not qualified to say if the argument is flawed or not. But they say cannabis is a gateway drug and I've no reason to doubt them. After all they work in the sector.

Nobody who actually studies patterns of drug addiction claims that cannabis is a gateway drug.

---------- Post added 17-06-2018 at 20:27 ----------

I thought sales of alcohol required a licence. You have to be 18 to consume it, and you if sell it to someone who has too much, you could be in trouble.

That's a very different set of laws to a can of coke.

Yes, sales. That's specifically why I didn't mention selling it.

You don't have to be 18 to consume it at all, there's no minimum age.

---------- Post added 17-06-2018 at 20:31 ----------

The thread is about legalising cannabis use and production, this must mean controlled production, pricing and distribution, does it not? It’s not about back garden greenhouses growing a few pots of weed or bath tubs full of gin. All the taxation revenue derived from legally produced cannabis could go to the NHS, sounds like a plan.

Controlled pricing? Not necessarily, market price could be left to itself, with an appropriate sales tax applied.

Sales and distribution could be controlled under existing tobacco regulations.

You don't have to be 18 to consume it at all, there's no minimum age.

The minimum age is 5