Upskirting - to become a crime punishable by 2 years imprisonment.

I know what women feel after an upskirt. I am glad that #metoo action is getting more and more recognizable and these guys will get punished for disrespecting women.

I understand the MP in question has a track record of stopping private members bills because he and a small group of colleagues disagree with their use.

The MP did not as such object to the Bill as such, what he did object to was the way it was trying to be passed in the house, without due process, as pointed out, he has done this for quite a few "Private members bills" . basically a PMB can go through into law without any warning to the house that, that PMB is going to be introduced that day, so on a very quiet day it could proposed that corner shops can no longer sell milk, no one objects and it's passed into law. by objecting he has ensured it goes through the proper channels, where it will be discussed by the whole house. That's how I read it (could be wrong) Anyway the bill is going to be re- introduced and when it is it is almost certain to be passed onto law.

Stopped by a pervert masquerading as a MP

The MP did not as such object to the Bill as such, what he did object to was the way it was trying to be passed in the house, without due process, as pointed out, he has done this for quite a few "Private members bills" . basically a PMB can go through into law without any warning to the house that, that PMB is going to be introduced that day, so on a very quiet day it could proposed that corner shops can no longer sell milk, no one objects and it's passed into law. by objecting he has ensured it goes through the proper channels, where it will be discussed by the whole house. That's how I read it (could be wrong) Anyway the bill is going to be re- introduced and when it is it is almost certain to be passed onto law.

I take the point about how nonsense laws could theoretically be passed without due process on a quiet day and that sensible MP's should be vigilant, but Christopher Chope, and that other asshole who's name escapes me, regularly put the kibosh on many perfectly legitimate Bills.

I take the point about how nonsense laws could theoretically be passed without due process on a quiet day and that sensible MP's should be vigilant, but Christopher Chope, and that other asshole who's name escapes me, regularly put the kibosh on many perfectly legitimate Bills.

Up-skirting is a legitimate bill, He objects to, basically "Private members bills" he wants "Due Process" i'm sure he will vote for it when it comes up the second time around when everyone in house has the choice to be there or not.

---------- Post added 16-06-2018 at 20:51 ----------

He should be Applauded for his insistence in "Due process" . if it wasn't for him and his ilk governments would erode our freedom (what ever's left) without a blink of an eye. Note how many people know about the bill NOW! that's why he objected to it - so people can have their say first.

Up-skirting is a legitimate bill, He objects to, basically "Private members bills" he wants "Due Process" i'm sure he will vote for it when it comes up the second time around when everyone in house has the choice to be there or not.

He should be Applauded for his insistence in "Due process" . if it wasn't for him and his ilk governments would erode our freedom (what ever's left) without a blink of an eye. Note how many people know about the bill NOW! that's why he objected to it - so people can have their say first.

To look up women's skirts?

To look up women's skirts?

I can't remember saying or writing that, please point it out to me.

I can't remember saying or writing that, please point it out to me.

There you go.

He's a right charmer is Davies, he talked out a bill to allow carers to park for free at hospitals and another to make it compulsory for rented houses to be fit for human habitation.

As did Chope. Both Chope and Davies are landlords and tried to fillibuster a bill that aimed to prevent landlords from taking revenge on tenants who asked for repairs to be done by evicting them.

Just 5 minutes alone in a stuck lift with Chope and Davies. It's not too much to ask, is it?

I think you're being overly kind to Mr Chope, and the opposing cheek of the same arse Phillip Davies; They've opposed things in the recent past like free or subsidised parking for care workers, and landlords being obligated to make the properties they rent fit for human habitation, not because of a lack of due process but because they don't think care workers should have free/subsidised parking or that landlords should be obligated ensure their properties are fit for human habitation.

They're vindictive, nasty pieces of work and it speaks volumes about the nature of Christchurch and Shipley because their constituents know full well what their MP's get up to in parliament

Edited by Guest

BUT as you say, this one IS a legitimate bill, one that is needed, and what he has done is delayed it, so there will be more victims BEFORE it becomes law