Upskirting - to become a crime punishable by 2 years imprisonment.

Sir Christopher Chope, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Sir Christopher Chope, you should be ashamed of yourself.

He should have been ashamed of himself years ago. He has a history of bizarre and damaging actions in the Commons.

This is just his latest act of stupidity.

You can still look you just can't take pictures - and rightly so i have to agree.

No, you can't - unless you're a total scumbag.

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 15:39 ----------

its just childish behavior and if you are that desperate there are many better images of lady bits on the internet........allegedly :hihi:

i wonder how much its cost to bring this new law in??? public money could be better spent:roll:

It's grossly intrusive, demeaning and upsetting for the victims. Why do you feel the need to minimise sexual assaults on women?

I think I can probably guess.

No, you can't - unless you're a total scumbag.

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 15:39 ----------

It's grossly intrusive, demeaning and upsetting for the victims. Why do you feel the need to minimise sexual assaults on women?

I think I can probably guess.

oh give over not minimising at all, unpleasant & sad yes and sleazy yes but hardly the crime of the century, just turn round and give the picture taker a swift kick in the goolies:hihi: and what is it you can probably guess???

its just childish behavior and if you are that desperate there are many better images of lady bits on the internet........allegedly :hihi:

i wonder how much its cost to bring this new law in??? public money could be better spent:roll:

how about on a law to stop so called lords from claiming money by falsely pretending to work.

---------- Post added 15-06-2018 at 16:17 ----------

And it's been stopped by one Tory MP. Well played you loser, golf claps allround.

New upskirting law blocked by Tory MP http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44496427

Whats a "golf clap" never heard that before?

The proposed amendment to the Sexual Offences Act does not make the taking of such pictures an offence.

It will only be an offence when .....

(3) The purposes referred to in subsections (1) and (2) are—

(a) obtaining sexual gratification (whether for A or C), or

(b) humiliating, distressing or alarming B.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/voyeurismoffences.html

oh give over not minimising at all, unpleasant & sad yes and sleazy yes but hardly the crime of the century, just turn round and give the picture taker a swift kick in the goolies:hihi: and what is it you can probably guess???

Yes, my late grandfather used to say that ‘a kick in the goolies often offends’, he didn’t actually say ‘goolies’, but I’m sure that you have an idea of the actual word used. I would like to hear the views of some of the forum’s female posters, although none appear to be that interested in this thread.

Yes, my late grandfather used to say that ‘a kick in the goolies often offends’, he didn’t actually say ‘goolies’, but I’m sure that you have an idea of the actual word used. I would like to hear the views of some of the forum’s female posters, although none appear to be that interested in this thread.

One female has already commented (me) but you only have to look at comments such as these 1) This up-skirting is nothing new to those who remember where the ladies toilet was at the albert pub, top of Cambridge street, in the mini skirt days of the seventies, Half the lads in Sheffield would have been arrested.

2) Yep, and standing at the bottom of the spiral staircase in castle house.

3)public money could be better spent

Comments like these show that a lot of men cannot empathise with women.

My first reaction would not be 'I must kick this imbecile in the goolies' I can't speak for all women but my first reaction would be to get as far away as possible. It would appear that some men think we should react the same way as they would.

Of the 78 incidents reported, only 11 resulted in suspects being charged with any crime.

A new law for 78 incidents, that would have been a result. If a law is OTT, the police and courts just tend to do the right thing.

11 crimes out of 78, surely similar to other crimes?

Do we know how prevelant this kind of thing is? I've never experienced anything like this, or know anyone who has. Are there any statistics on reported cases of intrusive photography?

I quite agree it is ridiculous that legislation is required to deal with perverted men who seem to think taking photo's up the skirts of women is just a bit of a laugh.

No doubt you would laugh it off if your partner was filmed in such a way.

It deals with (or would have done but for a rather odd tory MP) a lacuna in the current law.