World Cup 2026 hosts

Yes, because they are in two different continents as far as football is concerned. Saudi Arabia play in the AFC and Egypt play in the CAF.

Would it blow your mind if I told you Australia played in the Asian (AFC) confederation?

They are also in two different continents as far as geography is concerned.

FDR managed three terms. Can see Trump going for it after first pardoning himself. :)

FDR was a special guy at a special time in American history. He got rid of Prohibition, the stupidest law in history and declared war on Japan about 8 years later. Can't see Trump getting that important or significant, only in his own mind.lol

---------- Post added 16-06-2018 at 13:28 ----------

Yes, because they are in two different continents as far as football is concerned. Saudi Arabia play in the AFC and Egypt play in the CAF.

Would it blow your mind if I told you Australia played in the Asian (AFC) confederation?

Well, seeing as Australia is a continent in itself, where else could it get regular international games, Antartica?

Well, seeing as Australia is a continent in itself, where else could it get regular international games, Antartica?

Erm, perhaps as part of the OFC along with New Zealand et al, which it was a member of until as recently as 2006? :loopy::loopy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania_Football_Confederation

"In 2006, the OFC's largest and most successful nation, Australia, left to join the Asian Football Confederation, leaving New Zealand as the largest federation within the OFC."

I suggest you brush up on the basics before making yourself look any more foolish.

Erm, perhaps as part of the OFC along with New Zealand et al, which it was a member of until as recently as 2006? :loopy::loopy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceania_Football_Confederation

"In 2006, the OFC's largest and most successful nation, Australia, left to join the Asian Football Confederation, leaving New Zealand as the largest federation within the OFC."

I suggest you brush up on the basics before making yourself look any more foolish.

Oh yeah, New Zealand, another powerhouse footballing nation.That is all so relevant to the argument.

Oh yeah, New Zealand, another powerhouse footballing nation.That is all so relevant to the argument.

Well it is given we are discussing how the bidding process works after your original gambit of...

How come Morocco was bidding when the 2022 WC is in Qatar?

...was explained. And yet you continue to twist and turn. Odd.

Is bidding even the correct term for the selection process??

Surely it's bribing???

---------- Post added 18-06-2018 at 14:48 ----------

A number of Russian (Europe) venues this year are further east than Qatar (Asia) venue for 2022 - Ekaterinburg is as far east as Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I was hoping for a stadium in Vladivostok, just for the looks on peoples faces when they see the flight time to the next game :hihi::hihi::hihi:

"Continents" are irrelevant where football is concerned - confederations are what counts.

In the peculiarly political world of football, the 2026 world cup could not be in a European, South American or Asian country as these were covered by 2014, 2018 and 2022 (Qatar having stymied the Asian "turn") and there aren't that many other countries left who are financially capable of running it. I do have sympathy for Morocco, another African World Cup would be so much more fun than a North American version, but money talks louder than anything else in football

I was hoping for a stadium in Vladivostok, just for the looks on peoples faces when they see the flight time to the next game :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Now that would have been fun - nearly a home game for Japan or South Korea - well, compared to the rest of the planet.

I do have sympathy for Morocco, another African World Cup would be so much more fun than a North American version, but money talks louder than anything else in football

No-one was particularly convinced they could handle the security situation either, it would be an awfully tempting target and there are a number of active terrorist groups operating in the region.

The cost was a big stumbling block though, it runs into the billions these days which puts it out of reach of all but a few countries.

Russia have spent nearly $12bn hosting this one, thats a phenomenal amount of money.

Europe doesn't exist and is in fact a racist/imperialist construct.

I admit that sounds like leftist drivel. However it does have more than just a small element of truth in it.

what is sometimes called Europe is merely an appendum populated mostly by fat white people, to the vast continent of Eurasia which comprises 36% of the world's land area an 73% of the world's inhabitants.

I admit that sounds like leftist drivel. However it does have more than just a small element of truth in it.

what is sometimes called Europe is merely an appendum populated mostly by fat white people, to the vast continent of Eurasia which comprises 36% of the world's land area an 73% of the world's inhabitants.

Thanks for trying to educate us football morons but you'll find the brexit thread under General Discussions. :)

I’ll leave it to you to inform Real Madrid that they can’t be the European Champion’s Cup holders as Europe doesn’t exist. :loopy: