Lots of 2nd gtx 1070's available recently

And that's the argument I have in my head when looking.

As it's a 4k TV and not a high refresh rate gaming monitor, would I really see/notice a big gain. Would the games I play be that much better on the Ti... Tomb Raider, Prey and Resident Evil etc. I don't play many FPS online as I'm bad. My idea of gaming is a controller, can of beer and my ecig :hihi:

I hear you mate and advice taken onboard. I'll be honest and say it's still not out of the question though. But I do think that within the next year, we will see new offerings from both AMD and Nvidia so I may keep the 1080 until such a time.

Surely a 1080 to a 1070Ti isn't an upgrade at all...

---------- Post added 14-06-2018 at 08:53 ----------

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp%5B%5D=3521&cmp%5B%5D=2953

Its has a faster clock, more memory, runs cooler and uses less power. When I first powered mine up, an EVGA with ACX 3.0 cooling, I let out a big sigh as I thought it was broken as the fans were not turning. Turns out that they don't kick in till the temp is up, and that was running Assassins Creed Origins at 1440p on full settings. Because of that even when they do kick in it is very quiet so to me that's a bonus. Just noticed however that they are still being sold new @ £544+ on ebay.

I can barely hear my PC right now, the fans on the graphics card do ramp up if I switch into a game, but then I don't notice because there is game audio, and they ramp down very quickly when I exit.

Surely a 1080 to a 1070Ti isn't an upgrade at all...

I wasn't on about a 1070Ti, I was looking at going from the GTX 1080 to the GTX 1080 Ti. I think it may have been Ghozer that mentioned the 1070Ti. Or, there could be a typo along the way, I've not read back

@tzijlstra, I bought a 2400G with a B350 for my NAS. They are fantastic APU's. I didn't do too much homework on the APU so I got a nice surprise when I started it up! It's an ITX build and I use the only PCI-E for the RAID card. The onboard GPU is very good. I thought the few comments I'd read about it were hype... not at all.

As for the Corsair case, I bought a 500D (the cheaper one) for my main PC. A very nice, well built case.

Oh I see, an upgrade of a 1080 to a 1080Ti, that's even less of a jump than from my 980!

Oh I see, an upgrade of a 1080 to a 1080Ti, that's even less of a jump than from my 980!

That seems the general opinion the more I read on here and the web. There's the usual die hard 1080Ti owners who say it's a massive jump but I don't think I'd see it so I'm going to hang on for a year or so.

I did read a few posts along the same lines.

AMD raised the bar with power to price on the Ryzen CPU's. The Vega may have done better if the bitcoin mob hadn't triggered a price hike.

Maybe the likes of Intel and Nvidia are holding releases back to see if AMD has anything else up their sleeve. We know Nvidia has a powerful GPU in the silly money market (Titan V) I also read about Samsungs new graphics memory. A lot of things suggest new graphics on the horizon. How soon is the burning question.

the 2nd hand 1070's seem to coming down significantly in price this week, but very wary as who knows if they have been used for mining.

I think the price drops are in anticipation to the release of Nvidia's new graphics chipset codenamed "Turing" and expected to carry the designation 1180. Rumoured launch is July 2018.

I think the price drops are in anticipation to the release of Nvidia's new graphics chipset codenamed "Turing" and expected to carry the designation 1180. Rumoured launch is July 2018.

Nah, you wont see them till at least 2019

How much do you think 2nd hand 1070, will come down to, i remember in the early 00's getting a 300 hundred pound card for about 90 quid, 18 months after new.

How much do you think 2nd hand 1070, will come down to, i remember in the early 00's getting a 300 hundred pound card for about 90 quid, 18 months after new.

Well, up until approx last Feb (when I got mine) the previous Generation (960/970 and 980) Were still in the £100-300 range...