Another Shooting/stabbing Sheffield 11/06/2018

With all the stabbing that has been going off in Sheffield. Is it a case of the new weapon of choice for criminals or are we in the midst of a gang war?

Could be.

I heard that when them nice, lovely boys from that nice, lovely family up in Upperthorpe were jailed many years ago, some said it left a vacuum to be filled by other such nice, lovely boys from different families.

I know that another of the nice, lovely boys from that same family of nice, lovely boys from Upperthorpe was jailed recently. Perhaps that has left another vacuum to be filled by other similarly nice, lovely boys from different families.

I just think that every time we get a story about this in Sheffield. The family come along and say oh he was a lovely boy/man and paint a picture of this angel.

He may be an angel but I do find it very unlikely that there are some people going around stabbing random innocent boys across this city. It seems that there is something not being discussed here and that is why are these boys being stabbed. Is it simply a case of the wrong place at the wrong time. Or is it a fight between a number of groups in the city.

I just think that every time we get a story about this in Sheffield. The family come along and say oh he was a lovely boy/man and paint a picture of this angel.

He may be an angel but I do find it very unlikely that there are some people going around stabbing random innocent boys across this city. It seems that there is something not being discussed here and that is why are these boys being stabbed. Is it simply a case of the wrong place at the wrong time. Or is it a fight between a number of groups in the city.

one word...

Drugs.

Drugs/ robbery/ post code gangs/ feral behaviour/ parenting problems/ little visible Policing or the young man who died could simply have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Poor kid. There's loads of possible reasons, not just drugs.

Drugs/ robbery/ post code gangs/ feral behaviour/ parenting problems/ little visible Policing or the young man who died could simply have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Poor kid. There's loads of possible reasons, not just drugs.

I think reading the Sheffield Star this guy dying was down to a robbery. However it cannot have been the same for all the stabbing victims of late.

Removed the bickering. Kindly remember a young lad has passed away. His friends/family could be on this forum and i'm sure they don't want to read bickering.

if this was just a case of robbery, why are we not seeing police walking/driving the area. I live quite close to this stabbing and have not seen one police office patrolling.

if this was just a case of robbery, why are we not seeing police walking/driving the area. I live quite close to this stabbing and have not seen one police office patrolling.[

when you say you have not seen one police officer patrolling that is the norm all the police are looking at there laptops for hate crime the police service has gone to the dogs over the last couple of years have you noticed that we have not heard any of this on tv or most of the papers they think if they don't talk about this it did not happen tell that to his poor family