Rising Beer Prices!!

Total tosh.

The top selling beer brands in the UK are:

Stella, Carling, Budweiser, Carlsberg, Fosters, Coors Light and San Miguel.

So by your definition these are good beers?

The manufactures are in business to do one thing and that is to give the shareholders a return on their investment by suppling a product that people in their masses like they are doing just that. I could sup any of the brands you quote and on Saturday night I will be drinking at least one of them.

Edited by choogling

The manufactures are in business to do one thing and that is to give the shareholders a return on their investment buy suppling a product that people in their masses like they are doing just that. I could sup any of the brands you quote and on Saturday night I will be drinking at least one of them.

That wasn't your argument though. You said if it sells it must be good. Whereas I am with Dave - some people will sup anything if it is a) cheap; b) rammed down their throat with enough marketing or; c) nothing else isavailable. I will be the same this weekend. But know full well that nothing I drink will be 'good'.

I know Leeds is definitely the best place around here for really good beer, having more craft bars per square km than virtually anywhere else in the country.

That might be the case, but they still hang their washing in the street.

just bought a pint of Doombar in Abbey wharf in Whitby and was £3.70 which i thought a little steep?

just bought a pint of Doombar in Abbey wharf in Whitby and was £3.70 which i thought a little steep?

About right, it is £3.60 in my local in the west country. Beer prices have evened out over the country recently. When you consider free trade are paying about £1.30 a pint for its... it is scandolus

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I get mine from Tesco. Doom Bar, Bombardier, Spitfire, Hobgoblin, Tanglefoot etc less than £2 a pint. Consistent quality as well.:)

'consistent quality' and 'high quality' are not the same thing!

'consistent quality' and 'high quality' are not the same thing!

Well I never...

That wasn't your argument though. You said if it sells it must be good. Whereas I am with Dave - some people will sup anything if it is a) cheap; b) rammed down their throat with enough marketing or; c) nothing else isavailable. I will be the same this weekend. But know full well that nothing I drink will be 'good'.

got bored with this pointless arguing gone for a pint or two .

Edited by choogling

I get mine from Tesco. Doom Bar, Bombardier, Spitfire, Hobgoblin, Tanglefoot etc less than £2 a pint. Consistent quality as well.:)

I'm quite partial to some of those, but I had a pint of doom bar and I have to say it was the most disappointing pint I have ever had.

Another of my pet hates is the price some pubs charge for alcohol free beer.

As there is less tax on it them it should be cheaper than regular beer.

In supermarkets it generally is costing about 50p a bottle equivalent.

Starting with the good as usual spoons charge £1.99 a bottle for becks blue which I think is a fair mark up.

However many pubs charge the same as regular bottles so £3.50 or more is a massive mark up.

For people who can not drink for whatever reason I think this is unfair,drinking pop all night is not great and non alcoholic sales are on the increase.

I actually prefer becks blue to normal becks it has a very distinct taste worth trying if you fancy a cold one in the heat without the after effects!