Hallamshire Hospital drop in centre

As Hels says, practice nurse at GP would be the first port of call for injections - it is nt necessary for a Dr to do them

I've been a couple of times and always been seen really quick. They have prescribed me antibiotics etc which I then collected from the hospital pharmacy (where I did have to wait a while). They couldn't give me my Depro injection there when I couldnt get in to see a nurse in time at my local surgery though, I had to go to the youth clinic in town for that

HTH

do you mean the walk in centre on the side where jessops is? It is really good - just takes a wee while to get seen by one of the nurses, so dont go there if you have plans to be anywhere else!

I went one dinnertime as i scolded my finger on a warmup meal (god damn lol) and was seen pretty quickly.

Just wasn't impressed that i had to get from Hallamshire Hospital to Stannington with a plastic bag on my hand lol

TIP: if you scold your finger, get a sandwich bag and put a little bit of boiled water with salt into it, put your hand in and strap it on for 24hrs. :thumbsup: it works.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Went last weekend and was seen right away, although was advised that they could not administer injections as my dr had not provided a letter to authorise them to do so. So again another call to the Dr's who then have issued the letter (they didn't know they had to even though they told me to go to Hallamshire in first place)and thanks to the wonderful nurses at the Hallamshire I now how 2 very sore arms! Not being sacastic, they were brilliant there and were very helpful and supportive. Only 2 more trips to them to get the courses complete.

To clear up a couple of things - there were no nurses available at my surgery as they were on leave and if i have a problem with that i was advised (by my dr) to write to Tony Blaire to complain! I will be changing dr's asap.

I went when I first moved to Sheffield as I wasn't yet registered with a GP and couldn't get in to see one urgently. As Markwit said, if you go during the day there are no Doctors there only nurses, so there isn't really much they can do other than tell you if you need to see your GP or not.

It makes no difference what time of the day you go, they are a NURSE LED drop in clinic.

If you need GP attention outside normal surgery hours then you should phone your GP out of hours service and, with a little luck, you will be seen by the Sheffield GP Collaborative which is based at the Royal Hallamshire. I was recently treated by them and the waiting time, and the service which they offered, was truly amazing. I cannot praise them highly enough.

It makes no difference what time of the day you go, they are a NURSE LED drop in clinic.

If you need GP attention outside normal surgery hours then you should phone your GP out of hours service and, with a little luck, you will be seen by the Sheffield GP Collaborative which is based at the Royal Hallamshire. I was recently treated by them and the waiting time, and the service which they offered, was truly amazing. I cannot praise them highly enough.

As I said, I went during the day as I had only just arrived in Sheffield and didn't have a GP. I had just started at the University and was told I needed to wait until induction to register with the University Medical centre. The nurse at the drop in clinic told me I couldn't see a GP at the Hallamshire until after 8pm.

The staff were extremely friendly and I didn't have to wait long, I'm sure they are very useful in certain circumstances, it was just a waste of my time as I needed to see a doctor and was told as such by the nurse.

As Hels says, practice nurse at GP would be the first port of call for injections - it is nt necessary for a Dr to do them

- but probably not working on Saturday morning?

-i'm suprised you haven't been the contact number for the community nursing service for your locality ...

- with respect to the letter - the prescription alone might n ot be enough information as to why etc...

- with respect to stuff aobut doctors - are peopel gettign confused between the three different unscheduled care providers with pbases at the RHH

- the walk in centre (run by the PCTs IIRC)

- the Minor injuries Unit (run by STH Emergency medicine directorate)

- the GP Out of Hours service

Hi, has anyone used the drop in centre at the Hallamshire hospital?

I need to go there on Saturday due to my doctors surgery refusing to see me as I'm not ill (long, long story that I won't go into now!)

Just wondering average waiting times so know whether to just take a pack lunch or tea as aswel.

Ta very muchly for any info.

I went there this morning , managed to get parked after a 35 min drive around the area due to the Hallamshire Car Park been full :rant:

I went because I could not get to see my doctor until Friday :o, I had to wait 1hr and 20 mins to see a nurse but the service I got was good and to be honest would rather go there again instead of the local Gp's :D

Three months ago on a saturday I took my girlfriend their under advisement from NHS Direct. Yes, busy - but generally only positive things to say. NHS Direct actually kept us waiting longer then the drop in center.

i cant see the point of this walk in centre to be honest...i've been a couple of times for myself..my sons..and my hubby...to be told every time that we need to be seen by our own doc?? i thought this was set up initially to deal with people who couldnt get to docs or wen the doc was booked up??

Ive heard good reports regarding the Hallamshire Hospital drop in centre. Everyone seemed to get attended to pretty quickly.