Morissey - once brilliant, now revealed a total jackass..

well its a completely ridiculous statement any other way LOL

whatever did muslims do with halal stuff before ISIS came along :P

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 16:32 ----------

another hard of thinking that cant see the wood for the trees

Perhaps Morrissey was making the point that if Islam is a kind and peaceful religion they wouldn't adhere to old religious ideas of torturing animals.

I wonder how you would feel if Jews insisted on a legal right in the UK to slaughter animals as sacrifices as is advocated in the Torah.

Any follow (of any religion) who is RADICALISED enough to demand to be except from animal welfare laws deserves to be criticised.

Edited by A.B.Yaffle

From what I know there's always been a contrarian grumpiness to Morrissey, part of that makes him iconic....though his little Englander attitudes towards Britain are ridiculous given that he lives in America.

Still - I have some of the Smiths CDs and would be quite happy to play them.

Perhaps Morrissey was making the point that if Islam is a kind and peaceful religion they wouldn't adhere to old religious ideas of torturing animals.

I wonder how you would feel if Jews insisted on a legal right in the UK to slaughter animals as sacrifices as is advocated in the Torah.

Any follow (of any religion) who is RADICALISED enough to demand to be except from animal welfare laws deserves to be criticised.

I don't see anyone demanding to be excepted from animal welfare laws for religiously slaughtered meat production.

Maybe you could enlighten us? ;)

even if that was true, what the hell has it got to do with a relatively new group of idiots?

if what he said was true how come muslims have been halal for centuries?

your talking as much crap as him....as usual

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 22:36 ----------

Still - I have some of the Smiths CDs and would be quite happy to play them.

and id quite happily burn em :hihi:

Edited by melthebell

I don't see anyone demanding to be excepted from animal welfare laws for religiously slaughtered meat production.

Maybe you could enlighten us? ;)

Well, maybe not exempt from laws but the laws can't be changed because it would offend them even though animal welfare organisations and MP committees have accepted its unecesarily cruel. So laws can't be changed to prevent animal suffering because it would offend radical Muslims.

Would you support a change in the law to allow Jews to sacrifice animals because the Torah advocates it?

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 23:12 ----------

even if that was true, what the hell has it got to do with a relatively new group of idiots?

if what he said was true how come muslims have been halal for centuries?

your talking as much crap as him....as usual

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 22:36 ----------

and id quite happily burn em :hihi:

The group of idiots have a relatively new name of ISIS, but radical Muslims have been killing infidels for centuries. It just hasn't affected us in the UK so much until recently. I don't think it really matters if radical Muslims go by the name of ISIS or belong to other less famous groups.

Edited by A.B.Yaffle
Spelling

So laws can't be changed to prevent animal suffering because it would offend radical Muslims.

yyyWho says?

Doesn't help his image but nevertheless still the greatest lyricist of the 20th century.

Some of those lyrics..

"When You Open Your Legs" without the repetition

It's 4am and once again

I am asked to leave this club in Tel Aviv

It's 4am and once again

I am asked to leave this club in Tel Aviv

Everything I know deserts me now

When you open your legs

When you open

I see it all

I see it all as plain as day

How people only give once they receive

Soon there will come the very final pull air

And until then I will sing out your word

When you open your legs

When you open

When you open your legs

When you open

Not much going on

Taken from here:

https://www.azlyrics.com/m/morrissey.html

I'll check back tomorrow to see if everybody here is still alive....:hihi:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/what-is-halal-meat-the-big-questions-about-religious-slaughter-answered-9331519.html

I think some people are over-defensive of anything to do with Islam because they don't want to be racist. I criticise things I disagree with, including cruel religious practices, and have campaigned against racist groups like the BNP. I remember attending a meeting where Mel shook hands with a BNP candidate but I refused!

If Morrissey were to criticise Islam over FGM, would you all be rushing to defend radical Muslims and insisting we should burn his records?

Cruelty is cruelty, whether it is done by atheists, Christians, Jews, Muslims, or anyone else.

Morissey, give it another 10 years and no one will remember him.

Angel1.

yyyWho says?

The owner of this forum has decided to remove my reply, which is his right as it is a privately owned forum. :)

You are overthinking what Morrissey was trying to say.

I doubt he knows what he was talking about it so you certainly won't. ;)

On a brighter note, Johnny Marr is still releasing stuff, and it still has that Smiths sound: