Morissey - once brilliant, now revealed a total jackass..

Wow,you are a serious lot on here.Seriously, does it matter what Morrisey thinks.

Wow,you are a serious lot on here.Seriously, does it matter what Morrisey thinks.

Yes. When you admire someone enormously for their lyrical genius and achingly lovely melodies and then realise they're a total ******* it very sad and disappointing.

I felt the same when I found out about Gary Glitter :(

But it will only be Morissey fans that remember them. Have to say I could not tell you the name of any of his or the Smiths songs and had to look them up.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/the-queen-is-dead-deluxe-edition)/the-smiths

The clued up kids will still be listening to the Smiths and I suspect allsorts of other great bands that you've never heard of (and would hate if you did) many many years from now.

If it was a prerequisite that our favoured music, sports and film stars had to be PC squeaky clean, then we wouldn’t have many on our respective lists.

If it was a prerequisite that our favoured music, sports and film stars had to be PC squeaky clean, then we wouldn’t have many on our respective lists.

True. Several of the so-called 'stars' have convictions for all manner of criminality.

'Idols' and 'feet of clay' come to mind...

He's just cancelled a bunch of shows in the UK & Europe, possibly because of the threat of planned anti-racist protests.

He's just cancelled a bunch of shows in the UK & Europe, possibly because of the threat of planned anti-racist protests.

Incorrect.

He’s just cancelled because of “logistical difficulties”.

The cancellation includes two nights in Manchester and the tour will recommence in Mexico.

Obviously Mexico is easier for Mozzer than Manchester :D

Listened to Madness, Bad Manners, The Beat and The Specials when young. Always had Morrisey down for a pretentious middle class tosser.

Incorrect.

He’s just cancelled because of “logistical difficulties”.

Yes, that's what I'd read.

The only shows I've ever heard being cancelled for 'logistical' reasons was when the French ferry workers went on strike and the gear was in three trucks stuck at Calais with no time to drive up to Zeebrugge. Given that the tour hasn't even started yet, I can't see what on earth his management can mean.

Lying to your fans who have bought tickets for these shows is incredibly disrespectful. :mad:

Listened to Madness, Bad Manners, The Beat and The Specials when young. Always had Morrisey down for a pretentious middle class tosser.

yeah same here, sort of, pretentious yes, not sure of middle class back then? he was a member of Ed banger and the nosebleeds for a bit before the smiths and was also the fanclub runner of a punk band, name evades me at the minute