Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, woodmally said:

Yep here you go. Him crouching on an ornate table showing no respect for the property of sheffield whilst dressed like one of the three amigos.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-sheffield-ban-lord-mayor-magid-mah-8431281

Oh and yet again acting like an idiot this time crouching on a pillar

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/sheffield-lord-mayor-magid-magid/

Oh yes and yet again dressed totally inappropriately whilst chairing a council meeting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44714939

Ok - so that’s your own subjective view of someone acting “like an idiot”

no examples of him being self-serving.

no response at all to the final question in my post.

grow up.

6 minutes ago, Edward Vimto said:

I am sick to death of him speaking for the people of Sheffield when in reality most people you meet in pubs and in the workplace can't stand him.

I don't think he is doing anything worthwhile for the people of Sheffield and he only seems to be interested in his own celebrity status.  

2018 has been a terrible year for Sheffield in terms of Knife and Gun crime. Has our Lord Mayor ever said anything at all regarding it? It's the number one issue in this city and he seems obvious to it. Jumping on top of tables getting his face in the papers with Sheffield Z-List celebrities is more important to him.

Mark my words, when the Lord Mayor is kicked into touch he will end  up doing Big Brother or I'm A Celebrity. 100%.

What were the previous Lord Mayors views and actions on knife crime?

You do know that his is a ceremonial position in the council don’t you?

Edited by makapaka

43 minutes ago, makapaka said:

grow up.

as a ceremonial position he should treat it as such and respect all the ceremony around it instead of acting the clown, he even wore a builders helmet to preside over a council meeting last week! if thats not acting like an idiot then i dont know what is?

self serving definitely he is all out for his own publicity.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

grow up.

Well you've answered your own question. As it is a ceremonial position then what he wears and how he acts is very important.  If you dont think climbing on ornate tables that are quite expensive and wearing a sombrero for an important council meeting is inappropriate why doesnt he go the full hog.  And wear a tracksuit for the council meetings.  

If I stood on our dining room table my dad would have given me a clip round the ear.  Its childish and inappropriate.

29 minutes ago, woodmally said:

Well you've answered your own question. As it is a ceremonial position then what he wears and how he acts is very important.  If you dont think climbing on ornate tables that are quite expensive and wearing a sombrero for an important council meeting is inappropriate why doesnt he go the full hog.  And wear a tracksuit for the council meetings.  

If I stood on our dining room table my dad would have given me a clip round the ear.  Its childish and inappropriate.

Well said!   My mother would have given me a  clip round the other ear too for good measure. 

On 12/9/2018 at 9:21 AM, kaytie said:

I really hope that he's read this quite excellent article and has sufficient common sense to behave with decorum in the future,  although I'm not holding my breath!

How old are you Kaytie?

Don't you think a fairly powerless position, full of pomp and pointless decorum is better served bringing people together? Making people smile?  

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, woodmally said:

Important to who - you?

If he were white, of a similar age, education, behaved the same, dressed the same, treated his office the same, was as " cute and whacky" would he still be as lovable and cute in the eyes of all you fans ?.

Somehow I think not

43 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Important to who - you?

To the city. He is the first Citizen or first royal subject.  He is our ambassador to the country and the wider society.  So he should give the position the respect it is due.  Also as an aisde. Do you think its acceptable to stand on tables?  What would your parents say if you stood on a table (even your own dining room table).  Mine would kill me.  And thats not an expensive oak table either.

3 minutes ago, woodmally said:

To the city. He is the first Citizen or first royal subject.  He is our ambassador to the country and the wider society.  So he should give the position the respect it is due.  Also as an aisde. Do you think its acceptable to stand on tables?  What would your parents say if you stood on a table (even your own dining room table).  Mine would kill me.  And thats not an expensive oak table either.

No, but Ive got to admit that when I first saw those photos the first thought I had was 'Whose idea was that?' As in maybe the photographer had suggested it.
It was bad judgement either way, but I do still like him, as does virtually everyone Ive ever spoke to about him.

Just now, nikki-red said:

No, but Ive got to admit that when I first saw those photos the first thought I had was 'Whose idea was that?' As in maybe the photographer had suggested it.
It was bad judgement either way, but I do still like him, as does virtually everyone Ive ever spoke to about him.

If it was one mistake I could forgive it but then wearing a sombraro with Donald Trump is a Wasteman tshirt come on.  A wasteman is someone who has no job or nothing to do.  Despite what I think of Donald Trump (and none of it is polite) he is doing a job.  Remember this is our representative on the national stage. Do people really want to be represented by him?

On 6/5/2018 at 9:36 AM, EmmaJones76 said:

Its a ceremonial role only. He goes around opening nurseries and garden centres. Same as any other "lord mayor of Sheffield" in your lifetime.

Stop worrying your head about it. If Sheffield has converted to Sharia law by October then please, come back and have a legitimate moan about it.

rather an odd statement to make.   if sheffield or when sheffield does eventually become subverted to sharia law do you think for a moment yuo would be allowed to complaimn about on sheffield forums.     

such naivety ought to be rewarded.  come to think of it perhaps some of us  will be .... as I very much doubt you or any women would even be allowed to be members of sheffield forums not necessarily a good thing but  we'd be at least spared your false platitudes

1 hour ago, R.Majewski said:

Don't you think a fairly powerless position, full of pomp and pointless decorum is better served bringing people together? Making people smile?  

well said but

i think it would be even better were the position completely retired.   the regailia auctioned off to provide hot foot and shelter for the homeless we don't officially have according to the council.  thousands of pounds a year in expenses .... cars and drivers ... entertaining etc etc and all put to a better use.  protecting the trees perhaps or making amey repair all the roads they have done so far.

Edited by fill
i did not want my replies merging

21 minutes ago, fill said:

rather an odd statement to make.   if sheffield or when sheffield does eventually become subverted to sharia law do you think for a moment yuo would be allowed to complaimn about on sheffield forums.     

such naivety ought to be rewarded.  come to think of it perhaps some of us  will be .... as I very much doubt you or any women would even be allowed to be members of sheffield forums not necessarily a good thing but  we'd be at least spared your false platitudes

well said but

i think it would be even better were the position completely retired.   the regailia auctioned off to provide hot foot and shelter for the homeless we don't officially have according to the council.  thousands of pounds a year in expenses .... cars and drivers ... entertaining etc etc and all put to a better use.  protecting the trees perhaps or making amey repair all the roads they have done so far.

Its not completely ceremonial. He is also the "speaker" for want of a better term in council meetings.  Any meeting like that needs a chair.