Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

no hes not the vast majority dont want him !

Loath as I am to agree with you, but if you follow the Sheffield Online Facebook page you're absolutely right.

Only a very small minority on there like him, which is a striking contrast to this forum.

Wrong side of justice, wrong side of common human decency, wrong side of everything really.

Nope wrong! always on the side of justice where its deserved,common decency well thats very subjective, everything eh?? road? bar? or is it just everything you think is right?:roll:

Guest makapaka
Loath as I am to agree with you, but if you follow the Sheffield Online Facebook page you're absolutely right.

Only a very small minority on there like him, which is a striking contrast to this forum.

Neither are a good barometer of popularity though.

Nope wrong! always on the side of justice where its deserved,common decency well thats very subjective, everything eh?? road? bar? or is it just everything you think is right?:roll:

You're a Tory.

I dont think thats a surprise, a quick view of the comments on Sheffield online will give you a fairly good idea of the people who comment.

Interestingly twitter, where the mayor is very active seems to be more in positive.

I dont think anyone could ever argue he is for everyone, clearly he isn't a traditionalist, he wants to stimulate conversation and he is an immigrant, he is bound to irk some people.

I dont think anyone could ever argue he is for everyone, clearly he isn't a traditionalist, he wants to stimulate conversation and he is an immigrant, he is bound to irk some people.

Not just an immigrant, but an immigrant who has done well. I think that's what's getting to some, not his skin colour or place or birth.

He's managed to do something positive and productive with his life whereas some of those who hate him will no doubt have been born in Sheffield, never left Sheffield, ended up with an average job and will die in Sheffield.

They're the type who, when you talk about the merits of somewhere else, will say "if you like xxxx so much why don't you live there?"

The guys got personality. Not sure about dividing Sheffield along party lines tho, should stick to positive stuff.

The guys got personality. Not sure about dividing Sheffield along party lines tho, should stick to positive stuff.

He is, he's against people who hate and discriminate, ie:- he's being positive

He is, he's against people who hate and discriminate, ie:- he's being positive

By hating and discriminating.

By hating and discriminating.

It's perfectly correct to hate racism and discriminate against scumbags like Mr Trump.

I thought the role was supposed to be politically neutral, but he saves to make blatant statements that are pro-labour and anti-tory. Even though I agree with him on many things, if it is really a non-political role it seems to be the position is being abused to push his political views. Which is all well and good, until we get a far right nutter which I don't agree with in the role....

Does someone know for sure if the role is supposed to be non-partisan?

Does someone know for sure if the role is supposed to be non-partisan?

Unless there are actual rules, checks on those rules, and consequences for breaking them; it matters not one jot what a role is supposed to be.