Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

3 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Pour scorn all you like but whichever 'grey suit' gets it next they'll do well to get as much media coverage as Mr Majid has and to have as positive an influence on young people.

I have seen very little media coverage promoting the city of Sheffield but I've seen a great deal of self promotion from Mr Majid. 

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Tough act to follow? 

I hear Timmy Mallet's not got much on these days. Would we notice the difference? 

I think many of the complainers would notice the difference, and that on its own would shut most of them up.

Guest makapaka
7 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Pour scorn all you like but whichever 'grey suit' gets it next they'll do well to get as much media coverage as Mr Majid has and to have as positive an influence on young people.

Exactly. 

No one has any genuine reason to complain about him - other than baseless accusations of self promotion. 

22 hours ago, makapaka said:

Exactly. 

No one has any genuine reason to complain about him - other than baseless accusations of self promotion. 

And making a mockery of the role, an embarrassment to the city.

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, kaytie said:

And making a mockery of the role, an embarrassment to the city.

He hasn’t and isn’t either.

whats to be embarrassed about and how has he made a mockery of the role?

On 21/02/2019 at 20:03, makapaka said:

He hasn’t and isn’t either.

whats to be embarrassed about and how has he made a mockery of the role?

Where do I start?   Stupid comment banning Trump, standing on expensive furniture, not honouring Remembrance Day come immediately to mind.   

1 hour ago, kaytie said:

Where do I start?   Stupid comment banning Trump, standing on expensive furniture, not honouring Remembrance Day come immediately to mind.   

Lame-o-rama. 3/10. Trump is a total tool, no furniture got damaged, he did honour Remembrance day. I think that 3/10 is generous.

On 20 February 2019 at 17:05, Baron99 said:

I have seen very little media coverage promoting the city of Sheffield but I've seen a great deal of self promotion from Mr Majid. 

Really?

Almost every time he has TV and radio exposure he is described as 'Sheffield Mayor' Magid Magid and then Sheffield features heavily in whatever the item is about.

I know it must hurt some of you post-Brexit saddos to have a Somalian refugee as mayor of our city but at the end of the day if I asked you to name another mayor of Sheffield who has done as much to promote the city, you would struggle to even name another mayor, never mind one who has done so much as Mr Magid! 😂

7 hours ago, REUBEN 123 said:

Did Mr Majid attend endcliffe park for the fly by?

I don't know, but if he didn't I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd cite it as another ridiculous reason for labelling him as a 'disgrace' - and if he did they'd probably claim it was a publicity stunt to boost his personal profile. Some folks just can't cope when a black guy 'rises above his station'.

8 hours ago, REUBEN 123 said:

Did Mr Majid attend endcliffe park for the fly by?

Yes he did.

Or maybe some folks have difficulty with a childish buffoon as a Lord Mayor but apparently aren’t supposed to voice this option because said bufoon has dark skin and therefore they are ‘rascists’.  I couldn’t care less if the Lord Mayor is black, white, brown or purple. Or male or female. Or gay or  straight, or has a disability or not. But coming from a minority shouldn’t make anyone in the Lord Mayor role beyond criticism.

Edited by redruby