Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

32 minutes ago, woodmally said:

Its not completely ceremonial. He is also the "speaker" for want of a better term in council meetings.  Any meeting like that needs a chair.

they could all take it in turn to elect their own chairman / woman  ...   the role of mayor is not needed.. 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, woodmally said:

To the city. He is the first Citizen or first royal subject.  He is our ambassador to the country and the wider society.  So he should give the position the respect it is due.  Also as an aisde. Do you think its acceptable to stand on tables?  What would your parents say if you stood on a table (even your own dining room table).  Mine would kill me.  And thats not an expensive oak table either.

1 hour ago, woodmally said:

To the city. He is the first Citizen or first royal subject.  He is our ambassador to the country and the wider society.  So he should give the position the respect it is due.  Also as an aisde. Do you think its acceptable to stand on tables?  What would your parents say if you stood on a table (even your own dining room table).  Mine would kill me.  And thats not an expensive oak table either.

It was a staged photo shoot.

I’m sure no expensive tables were damaged.

Other than your own opinion of what constitutes normal behaviour in a photo shoot I’ve still to here any evidence of this supposed self serving and idiocy from you.

1 hour ago, Nankypoo said:

If he were white, of a similar age, education, behaved the same, dressed the same, treated his office the same, was as " cute and whacky" would he still be as lovable and cute in the eyes of all you fans ?.

Somehow I think not

if he was white and none refugee, muslim we wouldnt even be having this conversation which is currently on 74 pages, every other white sheffield mayor wouldnt get past 1 page on here

7 minutes ago, fill said:

they could all take it in turn to elect their own chairman / woman  ...   the role of mayor is not needed.. 

the mayor is chosen every year anyway, each political party gets a "go" i believe, dont worry everybody only till may to go

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

if he was white and none refugee, muslim we wouldnt even be having this conversation which is currently on 74 pages, every other white sheffield mayor wouldnt get past 1 page on here

the mayor is chosen every year anyway, each political party gets a "go" i believe, dont worry everybody only till may to go

have to admit you have made a few good points mel

Edited by fill

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Agree completely.However the part of the quote should be,

If he was white and none refugee, Muslim and not a  poorly behaved embarrassment we wouldn't even be having this conversation 

Any Lord mayor of whatever persuasion  treating the office as he has done deserves criticism. 

Edited by mickyboy

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, mickyboy said:

Agree completely.However the part of the quote should be,

If he was white and none refugee, Muslim and not a  poorly behaved embarrassment we wouldn't even be having this conversation 

Any Lord mayor of whatever persuasion  treating the office as he has done deserves criticism. 

Why - what has he done in office that so offends you?

25 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Why - what has he done in office that so offends you?

White poppy despite being up before the beak in the Town Hall, and advised against it by his own party  making political statement despite being up before the beak in the Town hall. I could go on and on about what's gone on behind doors but I don't want to be a bore.

A few posts ago a poster asked if people would love his actions and cutesiness  just as much  if he were white - one word answer as were not going on please, Makapaka Would you yes or no ?

Guest makapaka
28 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

White poppy despite being up before the beak in the Town Hall, and advised against it by his own party  making political statement despite being up before the beak in the Town hall. I could go on and on about what's gone on behind doors but I don't want to be a bore.

A few posts ago a poster asked if people would love his actions and cutesiness  just as much  if he were white - one word answer as were not going on please, Makapaka Would you yes or no ?

Why are you offended by the white poppies  when the royal British legion aren’t?

it wouldn’t be boring to explain what is going on behind closed doors - please explain.

i don’t consider his actions cute. I also don’t decide on whether I like people based on whether they’re white or not. 

21 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Why are you offended by the white poppies  when the royal British legion aren’t?

it wouldn’t be boring to explain what is going on behind closed doors - please explain.

i don’t consider his actions cute. I also don’t decide on whether I like people based on whether they’re white or not. 

Not quite grasped the concept of a yes or no answer have we !

Guest makapaka
20 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

Not quite grasped the concept of a yes or no answer have we !

Do you think people only like him because of his race? Why would that be?

On 12/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, makapaka said:

Have you got any examples of him acting like an idiot? Or evidence that he is self serving?

what were your views on previous mayors? Any examples of where he is going wrong compared to them?

Theres plenty of examples already quoted where he has done things that i find idiotic, but for you to infer it is down to bigotry is wrong.

previous mayors have done what was expected in a professional way (apolitical, neutral etc) but i have been critical of councillors/MPs when they have done stupid things ( oMara, bryan lodge, Scrivens)

this bloke was going to ride to the somme for charity then pulled out with a shoulder injury the day before which meant he couldnt ride, but miraculously made a recovery the day after for the sharrow festival where he was holing his arms aloft.

he thought a few hours at a spinning class would be good prepartion for a ride to France, as i say he'll probably not stand as a councillor again and will take his place as a dj on Radio Sheffield where he can eke a z list celbrity career.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Narden Dee said:

Theres plenty of examples already quoted where he has done things that i find idiotic, but for you to infer it is down to bigotry is wrong.

previous mayors have done what was expected in a professional way (apolitical, neutral etc) but i have been critical of councillors/MPs when they have done stupid things ( oMara, bryan lodge, Scrivens)

this bloke was going to ride to the somme for charity then pulled out with a shoulder injury the day before which meant he couldnt ride, but miraculously made a recovery the day after for the sharrow festival where he was holing his arms aloft.

he thought a few hours at a spinning class would be good prepartion for a ride to France, as i say he'll probably not stand as a councillor again and will take his place as a dj on Radio Sheffield where he can eke a z list celbrity career.

A lot of it is down to bigotry - I’ll accept not everyone who criticised him is a bigot - but a lot are.