Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Watching the telly on Sunday morning I was interested to see that Sheffield Mayor Magid Magid was going to be on one of the morning programs, so a little later coffee in hand I prepared to watch Magid's performance.

First thing that stood out, his yellow hat on back to front, coupled with his matching yellow jumper. It certainly grabbed my attention.

As for his performance, 9 out of ten. He spoke well and came over as quite knowledgeable about the subjects discussed. I would go further and say he was a breath of fresh air when compared to the usual "older suit wearing political guy."

In conclusion, yes he is a different kind of Mayor, no doubt about that. But give the chap a chance, I think he deserves it.

Angel1.

Doesn't deserve all the rubbish he's had thrown at him from bigots and racists!

New mayoral code of conduct on the cards

A new code of conduct for Sheffield's Lord Mayor could be drawn up for the first time in the city's history.

It's a recommendation from the city council's scrutiny committee which looked into the rules surrounding the role after two petitions were presented to the council about the current mayor Magid Magid.

The Green councillor has attracted controversy, particularly over his announcement in July that President Trump was "banned" from the city during visit to the UK.

The scrutiny committee is also recommending updated and clearer guidelines for new mayors when they take office.  The decision will go to full council next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leeds-46300194?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5bffa3ab0aa1a306815ec0e7%26New mayoral code of conduct on the cards%262018-11-29T09%3A15%3A20.611Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:a69b34ef-aa87-4eb1-9bea-72304351e20a&pinned_post_asset_id=5bffa3ab0aa1a306815ec0e7&pinned_post_type=share

13 hours ago, crookes sid said:

Anyone know the outcome of the coumcil meeting last Wednesday?

I believe they could not agree due to a procedural matter. Here is a very good piece about the office of Mayor that sums thing up well and published in The Star:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/david-behrens-a-question-of-office-politics-for-mayors-with-perks-but-no-power-1-9482897

Edited by apelike

Maybe he will get the message and begin to treat the post with respect and act appropriately in future,thanks for your answer.

Edited by crookes sid

Just wish Radio Sheffield would stop singing his praises.

Magid Magid is a man of the people, and seems to have a nose for publicity - something Sheffield desperately needs, it puts Sheffield on he map at least. Meanwhile I can't even remember the name of the other (very expensive) Mayor, who seems to do very little to promote Sheffield, in fact I've no idea what he does at all.  Does anybody know?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Magid Magid is a man of the people, and seems to have a nose for publicity - something Sheffield desperately needs, it puts Sheffield on he map at least. Meanwhile I can't even remember the name of the other (very expensive) Mayor, who seems to do very little to promote Sheffield, in fact I've no idea what he does at all.  Does anybody know?

not wearing a silly hat i presume?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

there is one good thing that will come out of this? is that it will never happen again.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not wearing a silly hat i presume?

well he was wearing a builders safety hat in the town hall the other day chairing a meeting, the mans a loon and a liabilty.

Edited by helloitsonly

Magid is the best mayor ever. Love him.