Jump to content

Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, redruby said:

Or maybe some folks have difficulty with a childish buffoon as a Lord Mayor but apparently aren’t supposed to voice this option because said bufoon has dark skin and therefore they are ‘rascists’.  I couldn’t care less if the Lord Mayor is black, white, brown or purple. Or male or female. Or gay or  straight, or has a disability or not. But coming from a minority shouldn’t make anyone in the Lord Mayor role beyond criticism.

No worries on that score, dozens have posted their ridiculous and pathetic objections to him on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, REUBEN 123 said:

Did Mr Majid attend endcliffe park for the fly by?

Yes I saw him there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redruby said:

Or maybe some folks have difficulty with a childish buffoon as a Lord Mayor but apparently aren’t supposed to voice this option because said bufoon has dark skin and therefore they are ‘rascists’.  I couldn’t care less if the Lord Mayor is black, white, brown or purple. Or male or female. Or gay or  straight, or has a disability or not. But coming from a minority shouldn’t make anyone in the Lord Mayor role beyond criticism.

What is your criticism of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baron 99 - Feb 14th

"The Greens would be well advised to choose future candidates on the basis that they are prepared to stick around for a few years pushing their political agenda & not select someone who ticks more boxes on the political correctness form than anyone else, to try & give them a little more credibility over the other local parties. 

 

The Greens must be proud that they've now been used to further his career".

 

Hmmmm.....might've been an interesting point, that, ......and even some validity, ...........we're it not for the fact, that has been made more than perfectly, abundantly clear, here, that, Sheffield Lord Mayor's only ever serve for one year as standard......and that, as it happens, politicians, local and national, come and go, .......................ie, don't get re-elected, stand down, decide to stand down on a regular basis and so on and so forth.

 

Which brings me to.....Yes, where are Cameron, Farage, Bliar and the like, these days?

Seem to have "furthered their careers", elsewhere perhaps....at the expense of party politics and the paying public much of the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"He was never suitable for the post" - P Gill S10

 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/news/opinion/opinion-magid-magid-was-nevr-suitable-for-this-post-67275%3famp

 

I think this gives the lie to your odious assertion, "P Gill"...

 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/magid-and-hero-pals-save-homeless-man-who-was-hit-by-tram-67288

 

"Ex-mayor, associates, and bystanders come to aid of man hit by tram after being assaulted in the streets"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will always be those who dislike anyone or anything different.  He was mayor for a year.  He has publicised Sheffield if nothing else, and IMO he's a good example to many of the young people who feel they may have no future.  Coming here as a young child, having to learn English, and using the opportunities that are available to all in the UK .   What's not to like.  

 

Well done to Magid and his friends for helping the man who was injured.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ms Macbeth said:

There will always be those who dislike anyone or anything different.  He was mayor for a year.  He has publicised Sheffield if nothing else, and IMO he's a good example to many of the young people who feel they may have no future.  Coming here as a young child, having to learn English, and using the opportunities that are available to all in the UK .   What's not to like.  

 

Well done to Magid and his friends for helping the man who was injured.  

It's weird to think there will be people who are disappointed by this. Some people have very sad lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My objection to him is that he’s used the office of Mayor to facilitate self publicising and attention grabbing stunts and not much else. He well overstepped his authority on the Trump visit and has been an extremely divisive figure because of his aggressive baiting of anybody who doesn’t have the politics of a particularly excitable left wing sixth former.

 

I saw his programme for the upcoming year which was to go out fact finding, meeting with lots of different community groups like churches, mosques, community centres and I thought, great. He’s finally getting down to some proper work which can potentially make a real difference in Sheffield. The project genuinely sounded like one which could have had real legs and been really effective. And what did he do? Quit. He’s wasted the time of the groups he’d already met and let down the ones he hadn’t. He wasted a lot of council time and resources on that project then ditched it.

 

He doesn’t care about Sheffield, be’s a goady self publicist on the make. That’s it.

 

At a time of great division and increasingly polarised politics he’s probably the worst possible Mayor we could have had, he’s deliberately divisive and controversial to attract attention to himself.

 

He’s given extreme lefties (mainly students) a chance for childish tittering at his antics for the last year but that’s about it.

 

I sincerely hope the next Mayor is someone who can bring all the people together rather than someone who deliberately divides us for the sake of personal self promotion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GingerR said:

My objection to him is that he’s used the office of Mayor to facilitate self publicising and attention grabbing stunts and not much else. He well overstepped his authority on the Trump visit and has been an extremely divisive figure because of his aggressive baiting of anybody who doesn’t have the politics of a particularly excitable left wing sixth former.

 

I saw his programme for the upcoming year which was to go out fact finding, meeting with lots of different community groups like churches, mosques, community centres and I thought, great. He’s finally getting down to some proper work which can potentially make a real difference in Sheffield. The project genuinely sounded like one which could have had real legs and been really effective. And what did he do? Quit. He’s wasted the time of the groups he’d already met and let down the ones he hadn’t. He wasted a lot of council time and resources on that project then ditched it.

 

He doesn’t care about Sheffield, be’s a goady self publicist on the make. That’s it.

 

At a time of great division and increasingly polarised politics he’s probably the worst possible Mayor we could have had, he’s deliberately divisive and controversial to attract attention to himself.

 

He’s given extreme lefties (mainly students) a chance for childish tittering at his antics for the last year but that’s about it.

 

I sincerely hope the next Mayor is someone who can bring all the people together rather than someone who deliberately divides us for the sake of personal self promotion.

 

lets face it being on hunted helped his case  his attitude towards trump was disgrace and like the poster said it was all about self importance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GingerR said:

The project genuinely sounded like one which could have had real legs and been really effective. And what did he do? Quit. He’s wasted the time of the groups he’d already met and let down the ones he hadn’t. He wasted a lot of council time and resources on that project then ditched it.

You do know that lord mayors* only hold the post for 1 year, right?

 

Yes, he left the post after one year, they all do/will. Are they quitters too?

 

(* Lords mayor ... ? Is it one of 'those' plurals ?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

There will always be those who dislike anyone or anything different.  He was mayor for a year.  He has publicised Sheffield if nothing else, and IMO he's a good example to many of the young people who feel they may have no future.  Coming here as a young child, having to learn English, and using the opportunities that are available to all in the UK .   What's not to like.  

 

Well done to Magid and his friends for helping the man who was injured.  

Fine post. I had the pleasure of speaking to Magid in town a few months ago and he's been great for Sheffield.

Edited by Mister Gee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magnificent mayor.

 

The only one I could name in 30 years. 

 

Positive, championed Sheffield.

 

wel done magid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.