Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

God - people are desperate to find a reason to dislike him without admitting it’s because he’s black aren’t they?

To be fair, someone on this thread did actually try to claim that his ethnicity was a barrier to his being a good mayor.

I heard the chap on BBC five live earlier and you know what? He managed to make Sheffield sound great on the national media for once. Genuinely seems like a nice guy. I thought he seemed a bit self-publicisey and a bit off before, like a teenager who had just got a phone and had worked out what Instagram was, but you know what? Maybe he has a point. What else has the lord mayor really done for folk apart from ride in a limo and open shops? He's actually bringing the people together and is having a laugh too. Good for him. My opinion has changed through one interview. I'm fickle maybe, but hey- I'm only human!

I'd say we need more of people like him who enjoy their work and get on with the electorate, and less labour union chronies and much less Julie dore! Viva la revolucion, labour OUT!!!

He came to my kids school yesterday to present certificates and my mrs and kids had a photo took with him. In the photo he is holding my 2yr old in his arms and being his usual cheery self.

My mrs says he is a down to earth guy who was well received at the school.

All the haters can’t get over the fact that he has a different way of doing things in my opinion and for some I think his ethnic background is a problem.

Here's a picture of another guy who came to kids school. Very cheery, everyone:

https://kfausa-org-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2014-06-02-01-01.jpg

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 13:05 ----------

What’s the problem with him? Somali immigrant does well and integrates into British society and yet some people still moan.

I hope the guy ends up in west minister one day and you never know he may one day become prime minister! ��

I don't care if he's from Somali, UK, or somewhere else.

He's just been on "This Morning" ITV! Embarrassing! Apparently there's a petition to get rid of him I need to find.

Reading some of Tweets, Facebook comments and news headlines over the last 24 hours - a lot of people have the same views over Trump's behaviour as Magid has. His had the bottle to say it in the public domain before Trump's visit to the UK rather than waiting until he insults the Prime Minister and UK values.

Just wondered what he did between University and becoming a councillor and then Lord Mayor

He worked for Billy Smart's circus for a while.

I have met him awhile, ago, I thought he was ok, but a bit full of himself, now I think he is a publicity seeker and suspect he will be on Celebrity Big Brother before long.

I think all I can find wrong with the bloke is, he has his titfortat on back to front.

Angel1.