Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

All the previous Lord Mayors of whatever persuasion, seem to just get on with the job in hand - no fuss.

This character Magid, seems more interested in his own publicity from what I have seen so far.

Dress properly, take the role seriously.

Not too much to ask is it ?

So, nothing specific. Nothing of substance.

What did the last Mayor do that you liked so much?

I’m not interested in getting threads closed down. Im just interested in discussion.

Sadly, your answer falls way short of interesting discussion. You don’t like his clothes? So what? What else don’t you like? We know about the Trump thing, but surely there’s more.

Let me answer you - and I'll just repeat my previous post since no Mayor's admirer bothered to read it or replied.

These are Mayor's quotes:

"In Sheffield we’re proud of doing things differently, and celebrating our differences."

"I will kill hostiliy with kindness."

"I believe we should be having uncomfortable conversations, rather than sweeping things under the carpet."

"You could be the most racist person to me; I will still open that door for you. You can’t solve hate with hate."

" not only is Donald J Trump a WASTEMAN, but he is also henceforth banned from the great city of Sheffield!"

"Mate… <removed> hell…"

That sounds contradicting to me. Also, he spits a lot of accusation without any evidence (but I see that must be appealing to some members of this forum :) )

While i find our Lord Mayors actions pretty childish, he has every right to express them. Trump is here too hopefully sign a trade deal with us which should benefit us post brexit, I don't see how that is a bad thing.

So, nothing specific. Nothing of substance.

What did the last Mayor do that you liked so much?

Might not be of much substance to you Rhyno - but it is to me.

I maybe have a higher regard for the job than you do and Magid does.

Let me answer you - and I'll just repeat my previous post since no Mayor's admirer bothered to read it or replied.

These are Mayor's quotes:

"In Sheffield we’re proud of doing things differently, and celebrating our differences."

"I will kill hostiliy with kindness."

"I believe we should be having uncomfortable conversations, rather than sweeping things under the carpet."

"You could be the most racist person to me; I will still open that door for you. You can’t solve hate with hate."

" not only is Donald J Trump a WASTEMAN, but he is also henceforth banned from the great city of Sheffield!"

"Mate… <removed> hell…"

That sounds contradicting to me. Also, he spits a lot of accusation without any evidence (but I see that must be appealing to some members of this forum :) )

Is it contradictory?

I don’t see it. You can ban Trump for being a vector for hatred, without being hateful yourself.

---------- Post added 08-07-2018 at 21:04 ----------

Might not be of much substance to you Rhyno - but it is to me.

I maybe have a higher regard for the job than you do and Magid does.

So tell me what it was that the last Mayor did that you so admired.

Not airy fairy stuff though. Proper concrete examples.

Is it contradictory?

I don’t see it. You can ban Trump for being a vector for hatred, without being hateful yourself.

It is. He said he would like to have even uncomfortable conversations with opposers and he would open door to them (even to the most racist person).

And then he closes door to Trump without any conversation whatsoever. Or at least attempt.

I mean, I don't care that much, he doesn't have any power to enforce his wishes. But his role is supposed to be representative and I think he doesn't represent well (mostly because of reasons above). He's divisive. And personally, I find his verbal expressions lousier than Trump's.

I find his verbal expressions lousier than Trump's.

And on that bombshell...

And on that bombshell...

Do you have any actual response or shall we end the discussion due to your lack of arguments?

Both as bad as each other in my opinion! But Sheffield could have done better ... A lot better!

Do you have any actual response or shall we end the discussion due to your lack of arguments?

Sorry. You’ve just dragged me down to your level. I do apologise for being so easily led.

Tell you what, let’s try again. Tell me what the previous Mayor did that was so good, in comparison to the current mayor.

You could start by naming them if you like

he got mayor on the back on a tv show he hasnt any power to ban anyone from sheffield

Sorry. You’ve just dragged me down to your level. I do apologise for being so easily led.

Tell you what, let’s try again. Tell me what the previous Mayor did that was so good, in comparison to the current mayor.

You could start by naming them if you like

No, that's not my level at all. I don't write vain posts.

Now to answer your question - I'm not claiming that previous Mayor was by all means better than current one.

The original question was what I don't like about current Mayor. I've answered.