Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

now i remember why i stopped coming to this forum.

Such hate filled agression to anyone who has a differing opinion.

Could you identify anything in what I said that you consider hateful?

You are the one obsessed with skin colour. He is one of six Green Party councillors and it is their turn to have a Lord Mayor. Which of the other five do you prefer, and why?

You've moved the goalposts there. I've consistently asked why he was chosen, what qualities he had, but nobody has provided an answer.

I'd do away with the whole thing in its current form if they can't come up with a decent candidate.

Taking turns to be Mayor is just ridiculous. The best person should do it.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 10:41 ----------

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/262/275/874/keep-majid-as-mayor-of-sheffield/?src=referrer&campaign=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Petition for him NOT to be removed.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 09:40 ----------

You can read some of the comments that were made by people supporting the petition

Xenophobic, tick. Racist, tick. Semi literate, tick. Moron, well, that's more of an opinion than objective fact, but I'm happy to characterise the person who made that particular comment as a moron.

Doesn't it prove the point that he is divisive if a petition, to actually save him, has been formed.

PS it's not going well is it?

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 10:43 ----------

I'd suggest he's perhaps exaggerating a little for effect.

Illiterate? Well, people with far right views frequently turn out to be poorly educated with a poor grasp of English - they're not the kind of people given to reading books, or understanding complex ideas.

Xenophobic? Fair call. None of these people would have batted an eyelid if the new LM was a white British person, would they?

Morons? I think their response is monumentally stupid, so I kind of agree.

The 5000 represent a very small fraction of the population, most of whom aren't small minded bigots.

I don't consider any of your points worthy of further comment. You appear full of nastiness. That's all I will say to you.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 10:45 ----------

Care to expand on that a little?

A white version of the current moron wouldn't have been elected Mayor. It's that easy.

A politician where people both like and dislike him, what a shocker.

On that basis all politicians are divisive, unless you can point to one that is elected without a single vote for an alternative.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 10:53 ----------

A white version of the current moron wouldn't have been elected Mayor. It's that easy.

I'm really not sure what you base this on. It appears to be straight forwards racist claptrap, but perhaps you can explain?

What, specifically are you suggesting that Magid has said or done that you consider moronic?

You've moved the goalposts there. I've consistently asked why he was chosen, what qualities he had, but nobody has provided an answer.

You've also repeatedly said that he only has the position due to his colour... :suspect:

You've also repeatedly said that he only has the position due to his colour... :suspect:

He was. A white moron wouldn't have been offered the position. A white moron wouldn't have been elected councillor in the first place though.

I'd suggest he's perhaps exaggerating a little for effect.

Illiterate? Well, people with far right views frequently turn out to be poorly educated with a poor grasp of English - they're not the kind of people given to reading books, or understanding complex ideas.

Xenophobic? Fair call. None of these people would have batted an eyelid if the new LM was a white British person, would they?

Morons? I think their response is monumentally stupid, so I kind of agree.

The 5000 represent a very small fraction of the population, most of whom aren't small minded bigots.

There has been this response because he is a attention seeking clown with no respect for the role of Lord Mayor. Nowt to do with his colour. This is NOTHING to do with race . Its to do with the fact he is an idiot.

What, specifically are you suggesting that Magid has said or done that you consider moronic?

Just off the top of my head, I consider all these moronic. In that, he put little thought into the consequences.

!. Ban Trump.

2. All immigration is good.

3. He wouldn't toast the Queen.

In relation to his attitude.

1. He's a poser who crouches on velvet covered tables for selfies.

2. He dresses like a Primark Rapper.

3. He doesn't understand the complexities of Mexican immigration. He just goes with the banner headline.

4. He is divisive.

5. He is terrible for race relations.

To be honest, if I read all he's written and watched all his videos I'd probably be here all day.

If anybody feels this is about racists opposing him, it's an easy option to take for the feeble-minded, there have been none white Mayors before, with no mention anywhere.

If he had have been a white person I would have been as critical of his behaviour, lack of credibility.

He was. A white moron wouldn't have been offered the position. A white moron wouldn't have been elected councillor in the first place though.

So you're claiming he was only made Mayor because he's black?

How peculiar.

The petition is still going.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/389/802/119/

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 11:13 ----------

So you're claiming he was only made Mayor because he's black?

How peculiar.

Your "peculiar" is camouflage for agreement, but you wouldn't actually say it, would you?

What qualities does he have to be Mayor? Can you name five?

The petition is still going.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/389/802/119/

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 11:13 ----------

Your "peculiar" is camouflage for agreement, but you wouldn't actually say it, would you?

What qualities does he have to be Mayor? Can you name five?

No, it certainly isn't agreement. You appear to be claiming he only got the position because he's black - on the basis of absolutely no evidence.

Qualities? Intelligence, drive, loves his City, innovative, compassionate, good people skills.

Edited by Halibut

No, it certainly isn't agreement. You appear to be claiming he only got the position because he's black - on the basis of absolutely no evidence.

Qualities? Intelligence, drive, loves his City, innovative, compassionate, good people skills.

But that description would be in a job description for any job in Sheffield.

I'd just admit it, he doesn't really have any specific qualities.