Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

On the one hand, Muslims don’t want to integrate:

Migrants have caused enough problems in our country without appointing one to a position of power and now there are two.What is wrong with English people being appointed to these positions?

And on the other hand, Muslims are taking over:

Because too many foreign occupants are involved in running our country . I do not think it is good for britain

And they shouldn’t be made Lord Mayor:

I feel these positions should be given to British people only . People who know our country

Which statement is correct please?

Should they integrate or not?

I’m confused :huh:

Soft Brexit has brought em out like a rash:D

Most rashes disappear within a few days though! :confused:

I've explained why I am against him being Mayor. I'll try again. I'd hate to be your teacher (at the failing school you attend). I don't have much patience.

I don't care what colour the Mayor is, you do. Or you wouldn't support one just because he is a certain colour.

Nobody who supports him has explained the reason they think he's worthy of the role. I'm still waiting.

I think he's worthy of the role because he's educated, energetic, passionate about his city and an all round decent human being.

it doesnt matter who the mayor is. They have zero power and dont have mandate to make any decisions on policy.

Who cares?

I'm not bothered if the Lord Mayor is black. What I'm saying is that if the current one was white he wouldn't have been elected. You all know it, as does anyone with any sense.

Care to expand on that a little?

The position of Mayor is purely ceremonial.

Are we really having a debate about a position that 100% has zero impact on sheffield or its people.

Nobody gives a **** who the mayor is. How many of you can honestly name 2 out of the last 10 Sheffield Mayors?

You expect councillors to pay any attention to 5,000 illiterate, xenophobic morons who post anonymously?

Best of luck :)

How do you know that 5,000 of them are illiterate, xenophobic morons? Do you have any evidence? Or is it just your usual silly hate attack?

How do you know that 5,000 of them are illiterate, xenophobic morons? Do you have any evidence? Or is it just your usual silly hate attack?

Bless :)

Just woken up have we?

Please have a read through my previous posts on this topic and then you can provide me with evidence they aren’t illiterate, xenophobic morons :D

Bless :)

Just woken up have we?

Please have a read through my previous posts on this topic and then you can provide me with evidence they aren’t illiterate, xenophobic morons :D

That's not how it works mate, you made the claim, you need to provide evidence.

I'd suggest he's perhaps exaggerating a little for effect.

Illiterate? Well, people with far right views frequently turn out to be poorly educated with a poor grasp of English - they're not the kind of people given to reading books, or understanding complex ideas.

Xenophobic? Fair call. None of these people would have batted an eyelid if the new LM was a white British person, would they?

Morons? I think their response is monumentally stupid, so I kind of agree.

The 5000 represent a very small fraction of the population, most of whom aren't small minded bigots.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/262/275/874/keep-majid-as-mayor-of-sheffield/?src=referrer&campaign=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Petition for him NOT to be removed.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 09:40 ----------

That's not how it works mate, you made the claim, you need to provide evidence.

You can read some of the comments that were made by people supporting the petition

Is he full on English though? If answer is no, theres a good enough reason

Xenophobic, tick. Racist, tick. Semi literate, tick. Moron, well, that's more of an opinion than objective fact, but I'm happy to characterise the person who made that particular comment as a moron.

Edited by Cyclone

I'd suggest he's perhaps exaggerating a little for effect.

Illiterate? Well, people with far right views frequently turn out to be poorly educated with a poor grasp of English - they're not the kind of people given to reading books, or understanding complex ideas.

Xenophobic? Fair call. None of these people would have batted an eyelid if the new LM was a white British person, would they?

Morons? I think their response is monumentally stupid, so I kind of agree.

The 5000 represent a very small fraction of the population, most of whom aren't small minded bigots.

now i remember why i stopped coming to this forum.

Such hate filled agression to anyone who has a differing opinion.