Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

He is an absolute disgrace. Who the hell voted him in? And isn't wearing a sombrero cultural appropriation?

What’s wrong with wearing a sombrero?

I can wear one if I want as they don’t belong to a certain nationality of people as can anyone else.

Maybe you should learn how someone gets to be a Lord Mayor before frothing at the mouth with all guns blazing...:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with wearing a sombrero. I'm not the one who screams cultural appropriation at the slightest excuse.

You guys are so easy to wind up.

I have given up on politics and am officially politically homeless.

What we have to realise is that his appointment has nothing to do with his ability. Its to do with winding political opponents up. He is being used, although he doesn't know it, and my guess is they all, in the town hall, think he's a joke.

We should be worried that politics has come to this.

I predict a surge to the right and the growth of a party like the AfD in Germany. And guess what, that won't be very good for the immigrant population. I can't think of a time, even back to the Thatcher era when there is so much bad feeling in the air.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 21:33 ----------

What’s wrong with wearing a sombrero?

I can wear one if I want as they don’t belong to a certain nationality of people as can anyone else.

Maybe you should learn how someone gets to be a Lord Mayor before frothing at the mouth with all guns blazing...:rolleyes:

Wearing a sombrero? It's nothing to do with ensuring public services are provided. It's political posturing. If you think it's okay to do this you couldn't complain if a future mayor supported a pro-Israeli cause.

Do you see where this will end?

What we have to realise is that his appointment has nothing to do with his ability. Its to do with winding political opponents up. He is being used, although he doesn't know it, and my guess is they all, in the town hall, think he's a joke.

I predict a surge to the right and the growth of a party like the AfD in Germany. And guess what, that won't be very good for the immigrant population. I can't think of a time, even back to the Thatcher era when there is so much bad feeling in the air.

Wow, what a deceitful and roundabout way of saying you don't like him because he's a black guy born in Somalia.

Maybe, just maybe this Lord Mayor will bring a breath of fresh air into the pomp and ceremony that we are used to. Give the bloke a decent chance to do his job, don't knock him before he has got his feet under the table, so to speak.

Angel1.

It hasn't been a good start. He's upset Royalists, Trump supporters, anyone who believes in democracy, anyone who believes in borders, anyone who respects the role of Lord Mayor.

He has been nothing but divisive and terrible for race relations.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 21:46 ----------

Wow, what a deceitful and roundabout way of saying you don't like him because he's a black guy born in Somalia.

I can't think where you can extract that from what I said. I liked the last Lord Mayor he was Asian. He invited my family to the Town Hall and gave my father an award for fighting in the Korean War. The ceremony was attended by teachers from a South Korean school. It was a great day.

You can't dismiss an argument by shouting a few made up allegations.

I don't think he should be Lord Mayor because..

1. He is too young, he has achieved nothing in life of any magnitude.

2. He does not have long-standing connections to the city.

3. He has not provided anything for the people of Sheffield.

4. The recipient should be humble.

5. He disrespects the office.

6. He disrespects democracy.

7. He disrespects the Royal family.

8. He disrespects anyone who believes in borders.

9. He has been divisive.

10. He is terrible for race relations.

11. He dresses like a Primark inspired Rapper.

12. He poses about like a Love Island reject.

13. He has brought the office into disrepute.

14. He has brought the nation's attention to the city for the wrong reasons.

The list is endless really.

I don't think he should be Lord Mayor because..

1. He is too young, he has achieved nothing in life of any magnitude.

2. He does not have long-standing connections to the city.

3. He has not provided anything for the people of Sheffield.

4. The recipient should be humble.

5. He disrespects the office.

6. He disrespects democracy.

7. He disrespects the Royal family.

8. He disrespects anyone who believes in borders.

9. He has been divisive.

10. He is terrible for race relations.

11. He dresses like a Primark inspired Rapper.

12. He poses about like a Love Island reject.

13. He has brought the office into disrepute.

14. He has brought the nation's attention to the city for the wrong reasons.

The list is endless really.

You are a racist and a xenophobe. I hope one day you can overcome these problems and join the human race, but I somehow doubt it.

The time of your thinking is OVER, your thinking is old fashioned and outdated.

Go Majid, keep stirirng up these rotten old xenophobes/racists, keep being fresh and bold, inclusive and friendly!

Unfortunately this guy acting as a clown has done more damage to the Greens

in Sheffield as being a credible alternative party.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 21:33 ----------

Wearing a sombrero? It's nothing to do with ensuring public services are provided. It's political posturing. If you think it's okay to do this you couldn't complain if a future mayor supported a pro-Israeli cause.

Do you see where this will end?

It's pretty clear where you're going with this.

Highlighting this mans childish behaviour has nothing to do with 'racism'.

He is making a mockery of the post of Lord Mayor.

You are a racist and a xenophobe. I hope one day you can overcome these problems and join the human race, but I somehow doubt it.

The time of your thinking is OVER, your thinking is old fashioned and outdated.

Go Majid, keep stirirng up these rotten old xenophobes/racists, keep being fresh and bold, inclusive and friendly!

I have never mentioned his race. Nice try. Just answer the points I raised, do you think he is doing a good job?

Unfortunately this guy acting as a clown has done more damage to the Greens

in Sheffield as being a credible alternative party.

Boris Johnson has been acting the clown for years and it doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

It's pretty clear where you're going with this.

I'm glad you agree that politics are lurching to the right. There's only one way to stop it and that's by stopping all the division. We can start by not offering unqualified stooges positions they don't merit.

I'm sure there are many other none white potential candidates if you want to go that way. It's about the person, not the colour.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 22:19 ----------

Boris Johnson has been acting the clown for years and it doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

Although, he was elected.