Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

What’s the point of a Lord Mayor now days anyway..

Just for cutting ribbons for new store openings..

It’s all just pageantry in my eyes

Get rid of the title it’s a waste of money and time.

Wow, I mean you seem to like the fact that brexit is destroying the country and trump destroying the USA, but then there's just a smidgen of racism at the end to really give your post that wow factor.

He may have been referring to the Green's quota for how many times they get one of their elected members as the Lord Mayor.

Or maybe not. :suspect:

Wow, I mean you seem to like the fact that brexit is destroying the country and trump destroying the USA, but then there's just a smidgen of racism at the end to really give your post that wow factor.

Assume you're talking to me?

In what way is Brexit destroying the country? And in what way is Trump destroying the USA?

That's a vile post to make and I imagine you're the type of person that would sit in his chair and say "I told you so" if those things DID happen. Which they are not... :hihi:...

Racism? Nice troll attempt. The company I work for has to fill a quota in terms of the staff they employ. As do many companies now within the UK.

In what way is Brexit destroying the country? And in what way is Trump destroying the USA?

You really need this explaining to you or shown examples at how both subjects have divided their countries? Poor attempt at trolling yourself, unless you're really blind to the obvious.

Annie - I saw the 48% quoted today on TV. Can't remember the show though, might have been All Out Politics. The guy was also saying he expects Trump to win another turn. I don't know the truth in that.... but none of it matters really. Do you think the Mayor is a good representative of the city... businesses wanting to relocate here etc?

He's doing an absolutely terrible job of bringing people together, he's too divisive... He doesn't believe in the Royal Family... that's fair enough as a personal view... but the Royal family come here sometimes.... it's all just too embarrassing.

That's the best way to describe how I feel, embarrassed..

---------- Post added 04-07-2018 at 20:03 ----------

Why are Democrat voters more likely to have a passport?

Based on a guy on TV?

Their geographical location. East coast, west coast, Canadian border.

Level of education.

Occupation.

Disposable income.

I think the mayor is a breath of fresh air!

He gets the gob frothers frothing at the mouth and getting their knickers in a twist.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 01:32 ----------

I take it that you no likey likey our new mayor?

?

Seems to me the bloke is a gob frother himself trying his hardest to attract attention to himself and his current position, what makes this clown so special that he thinks he owns the place :huh:

Seems to me the bloke is a gob frother himself trying his hardest to attract attention to himself and his current position, what makes this clown so special that he thinks he owns the place :huh:

Indeed, there is probably a reason why previous Lord Mayors were quiet - because they knew it was a ceremonial role which carried no political clout whatsoever.

Based on a guy on TV?

Their geographical location. East coast, west coast, Canadian border.

Level of education.

Occupation.

Disposable income.

Correlation isn't causation though. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 10:04 ----------

Assume you're talking to me?

That's a vile post to make and I imagine you're the type of person that would sit in his chair and say "I told you so" if those things DID happen. Which they are not... :hihi:...

You either live under a rock, or your level of denial is off the charts!

Racism? Nice troll attempt. The company I work for has to fill a quota in terms of the staff they employ. As do many companies now within the UK.

Sure, you didn't mean that he's Lord Mayor to fulfil some quota about ethnic minorities...

Sad this man actually thinks he's got some power.

FYI the role is elected by the council, not on the basis of any quota.

I seem to recall reading that nobody else stood for the role, no source to back that up though.

There is a quota as such, on a simplistic level if the Labour party have half the seats and the Tories have the other half then 50% of the time the Lord Mayor will be a Labour elected member and the other half of the time it will be a Tory one.

This year it was the turn of the Greens, who hardly have huge pool of elected members to pick from.