Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Another problem within this discussion is why Sheffield Newspapers would print this article knowing there is no earthly chance that this mayor has the authority or the office to carry out such a threat as to ban the president of the us from visiting.

Perhaps someone could explain why they printed this nonsense.

Because its not nonsense sid,he said it they printed it.

His position of Sheffield mayor is a ceremonial position only,which is voted on by serving councillors only, each party allowed to provide such people in strict rotation depending on the number of seats held by the parties.this gives no power to the mayor except those of a serving councillor,perhaps you are confusing his office with the like of Khan in London and Jarvis in Sheffield Region who are elected by public vote which gives them certain powers

I think the mayor is a breath of fresh air!

He gets the gob frothers frothing at the mouth and getting their knickers in a twist.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 01:32 ----------

He`s an attention seeking clown .

I take it that you no likey likey our new mayor?

?

My only issue is he seems to think his opinion carries some political clout and it does not,his job as mayor is to open school fetes,visit old folks homes etc,but not to give the impression he holds a position of individual political power.

Edited by crookes sid

BTW Can anyone name a single previous Lord Mayor? Unless they worked with them or are related to them - i doubt it very much.

Alderman Sydney Dyson. Didn't work with him, unrelated.

Alderman Sydney Dyson. Didn't work with him, unrelated.

Gaffer of the P.W.D. at one time called a spade a shovel .

I take it that you no likey likey our new mayor?

?

I think he's trying to tell us that the Sheriff's near ;)

You're doing better than me in recalling other Lord Mayors

I knew Reg Munn and his wife, they were lovely folk.

See my previous post - comment number 3.

The guy is using Sheffield's Mayoral position to further himself. 12 months from now he'll have to give it up by which time he'll have built up a 'media following' - which is what he wants. He'll drop the Greens, leave Sheffield & become a minor celebrity on the minor celebrity circuit.

One other thing? The wearing of the sombrero? Surley cultural misappropriation? When was the last time you saw a Mexican wearing such headware outside an old film or a marriarchi band?

Do you mean cultural appropriation?

After sleeping on it, I actually think he's got spirit.

Think about it. The guy is a keen Brexit hater, (he's lost on that one).

The guy is a hater of Donald and didn't want him to rise to power (he's lost on that one too lol)

There's probably so many facets to his life that have gone down the toilet too so... Fair play to him. At least he got a position of power due to quotas.

Wow, I mean you seem to like the fact that brexit is destroying the country and trump destroying the USA, but then there's just a smidgen of racism at the end to really give your post that wow factor.