Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

24 minutes ago, kaytie said:

Enough is enough !

you do know he's not the lord mayor any more?

6 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

Embarrassing antics I assume including:

• Being himself.
  • Standing up for what he believes in.
  • Attempting engage young people and diverse communities in politics.
  • Raising the profile of Sheffield.

What a truly horrifying individual!

Lets not forget raising money for charity also.  

Unfortunately some people hate change of any kind.  At 70+ I realise its inevitable, and I actually thought Mr Magid was a breath of fresh air.  He probably attended as many functions, raised as much money, and carried out his duties equally as well as other, less flamboyant mayors.   Sheffield is a diverse city, and to see someone who came here as a non-English speaking child,, not only make it to University, but to become first a councillor then Mayor should be an inspiration for us all.  Even if it only a few young people are encouraged to succeed, then IMO, he'll have done well.

Actually I was thinking more about absurd comments about banning the POTUS,  squatting on furniture,  cars etc. and generally coming across in the media as a twerp. 

11 hours ago, kaytie said:

Actually I was thinking more about absurd comments about banning the POTUS,  squatting on furniture,  cars etc. and generally coming across in the media as a twerp. 

As opposed to all previous Mayors who turned up, cut the ribbon then buggered off again.

Majid engaged with everyone in Sheffield, he visited schools, hospitals, charities...and not just to cut ribbons but to engage with the people.

Can't remember any previous Mayor volunteering with the homeless to sell the Big Issue.

And he'll do a lot more in the European Parliament than the sad wasters in the Brexit Party who are happy to claim their money and allowances but never turn up or vote...If anyone's on the gravy train it's them lazy <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

10 hours ago, taxman said:

As opposed to all previous Mayors who turned up, cut the ribbon then buggered off again.

Majid engaged with everyone in Sheffield, he visited schools, hospitals, charities...and not just to cut ribbons but to engage with the people.

Can't remember any previous Mayor volunteering with the homeless to sell the Big Issue.

And he'll do a lot more in the European Parliament than the sad wasters in the Brexit Party who are happy to claim their money and allowances but never turn up or vote...If anyone's on the gravy train it's them lazy <removed>

That's a damn fine post taxman.

Edited by nikki-red

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That's a damn fine post taxman.

Sometimes I can still be stirred enough  to post on here. Rarely though seeing as the vast majority of posters I don't believe are real people.

16 minutes ago, taxman said:

Sometimes I can still be stirred enough  to post on here. Rarely though seeing as the vast majority of posters I don't believe are real people.

Fair do's.