Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

What a load of drivel! Where does it say that adults have to wear a baseball cap a certain way?

In this country people have a choice of what way round to wear their baseball cap...:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 23:56 ----------

Nail on the head.......

Rubbish. I don't really care where he's from, his religion or anything. If it was a white middle class catholic mayor from Planet Zoo i would still think he was a publicity seeking idiot who is making a mockery of the city.

Why do people always pull out the Race or Muslim card when others don't agree with them?

Edited by Caz1
made a mistake

Guest makapaka
Rubbish. I don't really care where he's from, his religion or anything. If it was a white middle class catholic mayor from Planet Zoo i would still think he was a publicity seeking idiot who is making a mockery of the city.

Why do people always pull out the Race or Muslim card when others don't agree with them?

I don’t think people are pulling any card. It’s just that no one can explain why he’s supposedly “making a mockery of the city” - why are people saying that?

I'm wondering if the dynamic you mention, is itself, just another form of racism. I think most people have a psychological tendency to be positive towards others like us, and negative towards those not like us. People also tend to see attacks (or criticism) of individual (racial or religious or whatever) group members, as attacks on the group as a whole.

Some people are actually racist and will dislike this new Mayor, because he is from Somali. Other people will dislike him because of his behaviour or perceived motivation. Some people will dislike him because of his behaviour, but not say so, because they don't want to be perceived as racist.

Actually, thinking about it, to say you don't like someone because of their behaviour seems inaccurate. It's not 'them' you dislike, it's their behaviour.

Some people will dislike him because of his behaviour, but not say so, because they don't want to be perceived as racist.

If you didn't like someone's behaviour why on earth would you be perceived as racist?

If you didn't like someone's behaviour why on earth would you be perceived as racist?

You know the answer to that :roll:

Guest makapaka

When someone puts a legitimate reason on for not liking our Somali mayor maybe people will assume it’s not because of racism.

If I did, I wouldn't be wasting my time asking, would I?

What makes him a publicity seeking idiot? The guy has a degree and is more educated then some of the people complaining about him.

i doubt it will be the tories, they need to get some councillors elected first

UKIP perhaps? Three councillors last time I looked.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

to perpetuate the pc all inclusive multi cultural agenda that the likes of you defend so vigorously:loopy: you lot support it and you are worried that the country and the world is changing people are waking up and realising that leaders like trump and |Brexit etc are what the silent majority want.

sheffield is still a laughing stock now and havent learned from the student games:roll:

Let's have a closer look at that idea. I'm guessing you don't approve.

'All inclusive' - you don't like that idea of society? Which groups of people do you want to exclude from society?

'Multi cultural' - you know what the opposite of that is don't you? Mono-cultural.

You want to live in a mono cultural society? Really?

Let's have a closer look at that idea. I'm guessing you don't approve.

'All inclusive' - you don't like that idea of society? Which groups of people do you want to exclude from society?

'Multi cultural' - you know what the opposite of that is don't you? Mono-cultural.

You want to live in a mono cultural society? Really?

well lets see now?

all inclusive is a pretty broad term and generally if its truly all inclusive then the groups participating should contribute equally, so the ones that dont , wont or cant due to various reasons:suspect: should not be included, now thats not to say genuine cases of hardship , disability etc should not be helped.

no i dont want a "mono" society just one based on balance and to reflect the country as a whole, not a manufactured pc multi race society but one where the participants integrate properly? the Chinese for example ?

well lets see now?

all inclusive is a pretty broad term and generally if its truly all inclusive then the groups participating should contribute equally, so the ones that dont , wont or cant due to various reasons:suspect: should not be included, now thats not to say genuine cases of hardship , disability etc should not be helped.

no i dont want a "mono" society just one based on balance and to reflect the country as a whole, not a manufactured pc multi race society but one where the participants integrate properly? the Chinese for example ?

Going back to the Lord Mayor - can you explain to me how he hasn't 'integrated' or isn't contributing? He's come to this country fleeing a war-torn country, gone through school, been to university and is now in public office having been democratically elected!

I'll save the conversation about integration and assimilation for a later date.........

Edited by Eccy Beach