Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

As 'The Donald' has now trotted off to Scotland, looks like the mayor's declaration to ban him from Sheffield has worked

That sounds like bull to me. Look at Mo Farah for comparison, also a Somali immigrant does well, yet practically everyone loves him; and that had naff all to do with him being Somali, a muslim, or an immigrant; it's 100% about his mentality, unassuming modest nature, and complete dedication and hard work to what he does.

Don't know much about this new Mayor, but my first impressions are not great, as another posted mentioned, he comes across as self-aggrandising. That's my initial impression of him, and it has nothing to do with his ethnicity. Early days yet though, and perhaps my initial impressions will turn out to be mistaken.

An athlete like mo farah is not in a position of power, the mayor is so it gets the frothers frothing at the mouth.

An athlete like mo farah is not in a position of power, the mayor is so it gets the frothers frothing at the mouth.

I'm sure that's true for a minority; however, you have to accept that a lot of people will dislike him purely based on how he conducts himself.

I'm not sure about how he's handled the Trump thing either. Is he using his Mayoral position to push his own personal agenda / feelings on things, when he should be representing the interests of Sheffield?

I would have thought as a representative of the City, it's not great to go around carter blanch ******* powerful influential people off, just on your own whim.

Edited by Waldo

I'm not sure about how he's handled the Trump thing either. Is he using his Mayoral position to push his own personal agenda / feelings on things, when we should be representing the interests of Sheffield?

Before Trump's visit, over 70% of the population were opposed to it and that is probably a lot more after seeing his conduct over the last couple of days.

So I would say that he very much is representing the interests of Sheffield and indeed the whole of the UK.

Before Trump's visit, over 70% of the population were opposed to it and that is probably a lot more after seeing his conduct over the last couple of days.

So I would say that he very much is representing the interests of Sheffield and indeed the whole of the UK.

To be honest I half expected Teresa may to marching about with a placard saying "Donald trump is a <naughty word>" after she read the sun on Friday morning. I wouldn't have blamed her!

Also, how would your point account for Barack Obama?

Not many positions of greater power than president of the US, and probably one of the most popular US presidents ever. Again, nothing to do with his ethnicity, everything to do with his character and how he conducts himself.

Also, how would your point account for Barack Obama?

Not many positions of greater power than president of the US, and probably one of the most popular US presidents ever. Again, nothing to do with his ethnicity, everything to do with his character and how he conducts himself.

People loathed and hated Obama to such an extent they tried to perpetuate the myth than he wasn't even American.

Donald Trump did not come to Sheffield - but certainly showed himself to be a wasteman - so I think the Lord Mayor called it correctly.

No it doesn’t! His colour/ethnicity has a lot to do with why some people dislike him however they try to dress it up. You only have to read some of the negative comments about him.

Somali immigrant does well and integrates into British society and many English folk are upset about it is what I’m seeing.

Sometimes I wonder why us ethnic people even bother trying to integrate if this is the kind of response it gets.

Just because you may not be able to see past someones colour that does not mean others are just as bigoted as you.

His colour is not the issue. His behavior is.

Just because you may not be able to see past someones colour that does not mean others are just as bigoted as you.

His colour is not the issue. His behavior is.

Sure it is.

Tell the mayor Donald's building a wall in Hillsborough Park

Tell the mayor Donald's building a wall in Hillsborough Park

And then some....... not seen many Mexican's around Hillsborough though. :cool:

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 17:23 ----------

So if he was a 28 year old, white, Sheffield born man/woman wearing jeans, trainers and a baseball cap back to front and gold jewellery, doing the same things and making the same comments then would people still complain ?