Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

He isn't from Sheffield and is doing things for Sheffield.

The people from Sheffield who do nothing for Sheffield dont like it.

:hihi: Well played sir, well played.

The guy is inspirational, long may his breath of fresh air approach continue.

He came to my kids school yesterday to present certificates and my mrs and kids had a photo took with him. In the photo he is holding my 2yr old in his arms and being his usual cheery self.

My mrs says he is a down to earth guy who was well received at the school.

All the haters can’t get over the fact that he has a different way of doing things in my opinion and for some I think his ethnic background is a problem.

---------- Post added 11-07-2018 at 13:05 ----------

I've said it already few times here - his actions (or let's say words) are inconsistent. He is divisive. And I personally don't like his rhetoric now.

Having said that, I don't think he should resign or be sacked. He's been (somewhat) elected as previous Lord Mayors so let him be. But I also reserve my right to criticize him and express my likes/dislikes whenever I want.

Also, you've said that he doesn't have to fulfill expectations of others. I agree, so please, let the others criticize him too and don't label them immediately as bigots just because YOU don't like their opinion.

What’s the problem with him? Somali immigrant does well and integrates into British society and yet some people still moan.

I hope the guy ends up in west minister one day and you never know he may one day become prime minister! ?

I was all ready to say YES to this new Mayor....thinking he might be the breath of fresh air this city needs BUT after contacting him on a matter I believe he could help with I don't even get an acknowledgement....nothing, nada, zilch.

This guy put forward his agenda. The help needed was centred around an area of discrimination I believe he is passionate about.

So, is this new guy just there for the photo opportunities???? In which case he is not much good to Sheffield at all.

I must say I am disappointed....he could have responded with "I can't help you (but I know someone who can)"....or even a "Sod off". NOTHING.

That silence speaks volumes about his real intent!

Are you sure that your message was received?

Does anyone know what job our Lord Mayor has, or is he living off his councillors allowance?

Most councillors used to treat this as a part time role and held down normal jobs.

Does anyone know what job our Lord Mayor has, or is he living off his councillors allowance?

Most councillors used to treat this as a part time role and held down normal jobs.

Why does that matter?

If he can live off his allowance, then good luck to him. If he combines his office with a regular job, that’s fine too.

I really can’t see what point you are trying to make

Why do you want to know that?

Just wondered what he did between University and becoming a councillor and then Lord Mayor

Just wondered what he did between University and becoming a councillor and then Lord Mayor

Then why didn’t you ask that?

Why ask a totally different, antagonistic question?

Does that have any bearing on his ability to do the job as Sheffield's mayor?

Guest makapaka

God - people are desperate to find a reason to dislike him without admitting it’s because he’s black aren’t they?