Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

really do they?? you mean the same as they like coco the clown? maybe he should become a party entertainer when he steps down form his mayoral office?:roll:

He's a natural comedian that's for sure, he's great at winding up fag packet fascists.

Mel. you are the ultimate apologist there has ever been on this forum.

For goodness sake behave.

Stop being offended on other peoples behalf.

The Mayor is a balloon, black, white, Christian / Muslim etc, etc

Not fit for purpose.

End of story.

?? where am i offended? i aint the snowflake, i think the guy seems decent, its all your right wing muppet mates thats up in arms over him, NOT ME

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 18:47 ----------

Okay fair enough. What qualities does he have to be Mayor? You're all the people being racist. I appreciate you can't see it though.

You are supporting someone based on their skin colour. I'm the one who's saying judge the person.

LOL yeah yeah, im supporting him, not on colour, i have sat and watched his recent interviews and think he comes across as a decent chap, funny and a breath of fresh air.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 18:50 ----------

I'm not bothered if the Lord Mayor is black. What I'm saying is that if the current one was white he wouldn't have been elected. You all know it, as does anyone with any sense.

Future worthy black Mayors will be stigmatised by the current one.

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 23:54 ----------

I'm not being racist. It's called honesty and common sense.

I don't care what colour the Mayor is.

yes you do, its plainly obvious, you have an issue with his colour and where hes from but you hide it behind a veneer of excuses. you arent white you are transparent. Youve already said a white man wouldnt become mayor when 99% of lord mayors have been white, and possibly 95% have been male, you are again talking right wing bullcrap

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 18:52 ----------

Does anyone know what his day job is?

Errrm i'd guess politician? since he was voted in as a green party candidate?

for those that cant be arsed to read facts

Born in northern Somalia, Magid came as a child refugee to Britain in 1994. He grew up in Burngreave, Sheffield, and studied aquatic zoology at the University of Hull where he was elected president of Hull University Union. He has worked in digital marketing and was elected as a Green Party councillor on Sheffield City Council in 2016. From 2017 to 2018, he served as Deputy Lord Mayor, and during this period he participated in the third series of the reality show Hunted. In 2018, he was chosen by the council to serve the one-year term as Lord Mayor.
Edited by melthebell

He was. A white moron wouldn't have been offered the position. A white moron wouldn't have been elected councillor in the first place though.

You repeatedly call him a moron but also repeatedly refuse to answer questions on why you consider him to be a moron. You're only answer is repeatedly referring to him being black.

I don't live in his ward, but your claim that the voters only voted for him because he's black is very offensive. I know you're not racist (because you've said you're not:|:rolleyes:) but you are sounding just a tiny bit racist.

?? where am i offended? i aint the snowflake, i think the guy seems decent, its all your right wing muppet mates thats up in arms over him, NOT ME

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 18:47 ----------

LOL yeah yeah, im supporting him, not on colour, i have sat and watched his recent interviews and think he comes across as a decent chap, funny and a breath of fresh air.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 18:50 ----------

yes you do, its plainly obvious, you have an issue with his colour and where hes from but you hide it behind a veneer of excuses. you arent white you are transparent. Youve already said a white man wouldnt become mayor when 99% of lord mayors have been white, and possibly 95% have been male, you are again talking right wing bullcrap

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 18:52 ----------

Errrm i'd guess politician? since he was voted in as a green party candidate?

for those that cant be arsed to read facts

You repeatedly call him a moron but also repeatedly refuse to answer questions on why you consider him to be a moron. You're only answer is repeatedly referring to him being black.

I don't live in his ward, but your claim that the voters only voted for him because he's black is very offensive. I know you're not racist (because you've said you're not:|:rolleyes:) but you are sounding just a tiny bit racist.

Not one person has answered the question of what qualities he brings to the post. Apart from, he's a laugh, he's nice, kids like him..... Not good enough.

Because you can't answer the question, and you really know he's not up to it, you just throw the racist slur about.

Does anyone know what he does for a living? Maybe if he's a Planning Manager or Chief Exec of a Housing Association or maybe he runs a property development business... or perhaps he's something high up at the COC?

If so I'll take it all back.

I'd suggest he's perhaps exaggerating a little for effect.

Illiterate? Well, people with far right views frequently turn out to be poorly educated with a poor grasp of English - they're not the kind of people given to reading books, or understanding complex ideas.

Xenophobic? Fair call. None of these people would have batted an eyelid if the new LM was a white British person, would they?

Morons? I think their response is monumentally stupid, so I kind of agree.

The 5000 represent a very small fraction of the population, most of whom aren't small minded bigots.

Yes, I'm aware it was an exaggeration and that's exactly the type of rhetoric I don't like.

Because he's immediately throwing all this 5000 opposers of Mayor in one basket and labeling them "illiterate, xenophobic morons" or "bigots". And he's not willing to acknowledge that there are people of various motivations to oppose him! And I'm afraid you're doing just the same.

This is actually very divisive approach and doesn't lead to any constructive discussion - and not just here on forum but everywhere.Also, it certainly shouldn't be a part of Mayor's rhetoric.

---------- Post added 07-07-2018 at 20:30 ----------

You can read some of the comments that were made by people supporting the petition

Xenophobic, tick. Racist, tick. Semi literate, tick. Moron, well, that's more of an opinion than objective fact, but I'm happy to characterise the person who made that particular comment as a moron.

Yep, some. Have you talked to all of the 5000 persons?

And I am now done with this thread. You have my opinion. :cool:

go on run away, youll be changing names again pretty soon anyway :roll:

You came, made yourself look like a small minded bigot, you left. Result.

Doesn't half bring the racists and bigots out!!!!
......"racists and bigots" proper discussion stoppers!:hihi:

......"racists and bigots" proper discussion stoppers!:hihi:

Proper idiots.

Does Scripted even know what a Lord Mayor does? Why does his job matter? He's going to be opening events, engaging with the public, and doing a few speeches. Why does he need to be a manager of a big company to do his job well?

I now live in a small town in the Peak District. Last year's Lord Mayor had never been an MP, never been a councillor, never held a high position in any company. He was extremely popular and did a very good job.

The only differences between him and Majid are skin colour and age!