Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Link with a photo or there's no proof ;)

Let's hope that's not the next photo shoot!

Let's hope that's not the next photo shoot!

Unless there's a sombrero involved ;)

He is an absolute disgrace. Who the hell voted him in? And isn't wearing a sombrero cultural appropriation?

He is an absolute disgrace. Who the hell voted him in? And isn't wearing a sombrero cultural appropriation?

Try reading the thread to find out how he became Lord Mayor.

See my previous post - comment number 3.

The guy is using Sheffield's Mayoral position to further himself. 12 months from now he'll have to give it up by which time he'll have built up a 'media following' - which is what he wants. He'll drop the Greens, leave Sheffield & become a minor celebrity on the minor celebrity circuit.

One other thing? The wearing of the sombrero? Surley cultural misappropriation? When was the last time you saw a Mexican wearing such headware outside an old film or a marriarchi band?

I'd imagine he'll move onto bigger and better things. I'm curious why you think he's on the road to z list celebrity status - and not on a national political platform?

Presumably the sombrero was visual shorthand - he understands what works in the modern age, when - for right or wrong - people have very short attention spans when flicking through social media. I think its top Trump trolling.

He is an absolute disgrace.

I think it's really funny seeing all the petty minded, too scared to say what they really think people like you crawling out of the woodwork to attack him.

Who the hell voted him in?

Stop being so lazy - read the thread and educate yourself.

And isn't wearing a sombrero cultural appropriation?

In this context, obviously not.

I thought I'd said exactly what I meant. And I was just waiting for the attacks from all the usual suspects. :hihi:

I thought I'd said exactly what I meant. And I was just waiting for the attacks from all the usual suspects. :hihi:

What's disgraceful about him?

What's disgraceful about him?

To be honest how many people are bothered about a Lord Mayor, who actually cares what’s he supposed to do what’s his job description any one know most people who I’ve asked don’t have a clue to me he looks like he’s out of a spaghetti western telling folk they can’t come to Sheffield

Edited by lien1

The phrase laughing stock springs to mind.

Maybe, just maybe this Lord Mayor will bring a breath of fresh air into the pomp and ceremony that we are used to. Give the bloke a decent chance to do his job, don't knock him before he has got his feet under the table, so to speak.

Angel1.