Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

well now tell me what a somalian refugee at 28 years of age got to offer and what credentials to hold office apart from the PC angle?? as for how he was dressed is disrespectful to the office.

So do you actually know who the last Lord Mayor was without googling it?

He is going to be opening a few fetes, handing out rewards and showing his face at public events. If he brings a smile to peoples faces then he has done the job of the Lord Mayor. Our very own Dick Whittington.

Annie Bynnol

First mistake- opening gob about bicycles on trams before realising that that argument was lost decades ago.

is it possible that you're thinking of Dan Jarvis? - the new Mayor for the Sheffield City Region?

While this thread is about Magid Magid.

i wish him every success.

and the totally predictable response from the idiots is as hilarious as it is disgraceful.

Edited by ads36

is it possible that you're thinking of Dan Jarvis?

While this thread is about Magid Magid.

My apologies to the Lord Mayor of Sheffield councillor Magid Magid and forum readers, who has not proposed allowing bicycles on trams.

Sheffield City Region Mayor Dan Jarvis has proposed this.

I wouldn't call that abuse. Paul Wake is expressing an opinion that's all. It may well be a very ill-informed opinion but I think it is quite far from abuse.

Abuse lol. Okay.

Some people....

Not too keen on his photo-opportunity squatting on the town hall staircase, he may actually make local politics more relevant to young people, etc, but some level of decorum is needed.

Not too keen on his photo-opportunity squatting on the town hall staircase, he may actually make local politics more relevant to young people, etc, but some level of decorum is needed.

Why? It isnt the 1850s any more you know.

well now tell me what a somalian refugee at 28 years of age got to offer....

Yeah why doesn't someone tell him that "his lot" are supposed to come over here and not integrate so we can moan about them not integrating. So it's a damn cheek coming over here and integrating :hihi:

My fear is that the far left will attempt to claim him as being one of their own, which of course he isn’t. As a fellow Green supporter I fully appreciate that we tend to get shoeholed by both the right and left, into places that we don’t wish to go, I hope that he realises this.

I wouldn't call that abuse. Paul Wake is expressing an opinion that's all. It may well be a very ill-informed opinion but I think it is quite far from abuse.

Its not the only example, others have been much worse.

Sheffield's new Lord Mayor Magid Magid determined to push on representing city despite racist abuse

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-s-new-lord-mayor-magid-magid-determined-to-push-on-representing-city-despite-racist-abuse-1-9190715

Even the coolest mayor in the country has to put up with racist knuckle draggers

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/31/even-coolest-mayor-country-put-racist-knuckle-draggers-7592744/

Edited by alchresearch