Amey are going to tow my car tomorrow

They have to give five days notice or Parking Services won’t remove them.

They have to give five days notice or Parking Services won’t remove them.

Erm, nope.

Erm, nope.

Trust me, it’s part of what I do for a living and I had it out with them when they resurfaced my road. Ask any parking warden. That’s why they video putting the signs up as proof for parking services. They don’t remove them themselves.

We know, a removal company does it for them.

The removal company works for Parking Services, not Amey.

Vehicles are only removed if Parking Services have attended on site, a penalty charge notice has been issued and the removal has been approved by a second enforcement officer.

As has been said, Amey provide photographic evidence to Parking Services so they can check whether the notices have been up for the required time. If they haven't, removal is not authorised.

Vehicles are only removed if Parking Services have attended on site, a penalty charge notice has been issued and the removal has been approved by a second enforcement officer.

As has been said, Amey provide photographic evidence to Parking Services so they can check whether the notices have been up for the required time. If they haven't, removal is not authorised.

Right then. So in the case of the opening post, his car was safe all along?

Right then. So in the case of the opening post, his car was safe all along?

Had I known that, I’d have carried on my holiday uninterrupted. Ah well.

I’m still waiting for an explanation of the short notice from Amey.

Although this might be what is supposed to happen, in practice cars are towed without sufficient notice having been given about restrictions. It happened to me, SCC did not even contest the case when I pointed this out.

Although this might be what is supposed to happen, in practice cars are towed without sufficient notice having been given about restrictions. It happened to me, SCC did not even contest the case when I pointed this out.

However good your procedure is, if it involves people, they sometimes make mistakes.

However good your procedure is, if it involves people, they sometimes make mistakes.

And in the case of SCC and their low budget corporate suppliers, whose procedures are far from good, mistakes are the norm.

When Amey did work on our street notices went up on Sunday afternoon for work due to start on Monday.

They also had signs up for work that never got done, every week a man came round and changed the dates on the signs to extend it for another week.

I think the road planer or something had broken then?