Amey are going to tow my car tomorrow

If they do tow your car away, you'll initially have to pay to get it released, but you'll (eventually) be able to claim the money back if your car was parked before the signs went up and it didn't move in the meantime (they supposedly take photos of the street at the time they put the signs up).

they do take photos of the street at the time they. put signs up - I've seen 'em as they were doing it, and when I asked them what they were doing, that's what they said they were doing so that they could prove that they'd done what they said they'd done when they said they'd done it.

Just park your car somewhere else for the day?

I think you should read the opening post more carefully.

The OP is away on Holiday. Unless someone has access to the keys to move it.

I think you should read the opening post more carefully.

That won’t make any difference to Halibut. :rolleyes:

I’ve parked one of them elsewhere.

In Dorset.

The other one is the problem.

Thanks for your considered input though.

Edited by Rhyno

I’ve parked one of them elsewhere.

In Dorset.

The other one is the problem.

Thanks for your consider input though.

Have you given StreetForce a ring this morning and explained the situation? They may be able to tell you what will happen to your car.

I went to Christchurch once. When asked if that was "in Dorset" I replied "yes, I would recommend it to anyone"

Edited by EmmaJones76

Have you given StreetForce a ring this morning and explained the situation? They may be able to tell you what will happen to your car.

I went to Christchurch once. When asked if that was "in Dorset" I replied "yes, I would recommend it to anyone"

Haha.

I’ve got a key holder popping round in a bit. If the car key is where I think it is, it will be sorted. If not, I’ll give Amey the benefit of my more difficult side when I get back.

Thanks for the number. Very helpful.

Quite sure they legally can't just give less than a days notice and charge you for recovery.

You sure the notification only went up today?

Think I read someone else had this issue and they towed it round the corner and put a note through the letterbox saying where it was.

As I found out though, they can do whatever they want and then its up to you to take legal action to recover the costs.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, car was towed whilst on holiday despite a neighbour remonstrating with the employees that the notices went up with too little notice.

Had to go and pay £140 to get my car back, and then SCC coughed up the money after I threatened them with legal action (they didn't even bother to respond to my appeal via the official channels within the legally required timeframe).

---------- Post added 05-06-2018 at 09:58 ----------

btw if it helps I got legal advice here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

and for me it worked (see previous post).

Also I found the manager at the towing company very helpful, in that he explained exactly what I could do and told me I had a watertight case for getting the money refunded by SCC. So if you do have to go and pick it up, might be worth asking for his advice.

Edited by nightrider

So what happened then?

My car was moved to a safe place by a friend.

I’m home tomorrow and Amey are going to get the benefit of my experience of forward planning.:D

Thanks for your input, Emma. Very constructive.

My car was moved to a safe place by a friend.

I’m home tomorrow and Amey are going to get the benefit of my experience of forward planning.:D

Thanks for your input, Emma. Very constructive.

Well done mate and please post your dealings with Amey :)