Car Wing mirror fitment

My car recently failed its MOT due to not having a wing mirror cover (amongst other things). I thought this would be an easy fix but this is proving to be an absolute nightmare. When entering my Reg number into popular online buying sites the replacement part it shows me simply doesnt fit my astra although it fits others that are the same make. Ive come to the conclusion that my wing mirrors are different to others of the same model. Im wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that my MKV is a 10 plate and that it was one of the last ones produced before they started producing the MKVI? I know for sure that the wing mirrors are stock and not replaced i just simply cant find covers that fit.

To anyone who knows about a diffrence in wing mirros between same models or has an opinion please weigh in!

Thanks.

Get down a scrap yard and pull one off a similar model

Have you been and visited euro car parts? Sometimes online the site is a pain, but in store I always find them helpful and knowledgable.

any good scrap yards in Sheffield? never been to one tbh. Yes been to eurocar parts they were no help. they put my reg in site like I did online and brought out the same one I ordered off ebay which is too small. they had another one but didn't stock it

they had another one but didn't stock it

We'll that was probably the one to fit your car.

Matching reg. numbers to standard car parts in usually very accurate. ECP will have a 24 hour turn around on a standard part like that unless they have a problem with their suppliers. An Astra is a very popular car and wing mirrors are virtually consumables like oil, water and windscreen wash fluid especially if you live in a city.

I've never hear of that causing an MOT failure. I can only think it is regarded as 'dangerous parts' ie something that will either fall off while your driving or likely to cut someone in a collision. If you need an MOT desperately you could always buy a roll of insulating tale from Poundland and wrap it around the wing mirror to fabricate a temporary cover (making sure you don't cover too much of the mirror glass.

I'd also think about changing your MOT place. I would expect that to be an advisory (or whatever the new regs are) and told to get it replaced as soon as you can rather than an outright fail unless it was among a long list of other things.

The reg number thing doesn't always work and can still throw up parts that are for all or slightly different models. Brake discs/pads are bad for that on mine, comes up with 3 disc sizes for the front and rear. Only by searching on forums did I find out which ones I actually needed.

When entering my Reg number into popular online buying sites the replacement part it shows me simply doesnt fit my astra although it fits others that are the same make.

If you're talking Ebay, you're wasting your time with that parts checker. Its absolutely useless.

Same with Euro car parts. If I put my reg in then it doesn't show the oil they sell that my car uses. Remove the reg and it shows up.