The winter gardens so dull

I love the Winter Gardens a nice place to have a break and lunch . It is used for different themes some times a school is have a lesson and then a photo display and many more it is great . The tatty snakes are for kids I would imagine and are an attraction . Not a place for hanging baskets etc .

Well said Itrytoplease,you seem to be the only one that gets the point about what I’m saying about the place. You do need to update and keep things looking good especially for visitors to the city.

What else would you like to see happen there?

Personally I'd like to see Eamonn Holmes, stripped to the waist, go-go dancing in a cage while Chris Akabusi screamed with laughter and threw litter at him.

At the same time Moira Stewart would be serving canapes on a silver tray to anyone that wanted one, while Chris De Burgh performed 'Lady In Red'.

Anyone else got any thoughts on what they'd like to see happen in The Winter Gardens?

Personally I'd like to see Eamonn Holmes, stripped to the waist, go-go dancing in a cage while Chris Akabusi screamed with laughter and threw litter at him.

At the same time Moira Stewart would be serving canapes on a silver tray to anyone that wanted one, while Chris De Burgh performed 'Lady In Red'.

Anyone else got any thoughts on what they'd like to see happen in The Winter Gardens?

I would like to see Bernie Clifton playing table tennis with Mr Blobby, whilst Officer Crabtree from 'Allo 'Allo plays the theme tune from Juliet Bravo on a penny whistle.

Well said Itrytoplease you are the only one to get my opinion on the place,I agree you have to maintain and update a public place to make it look as good as possible,bet if the queen came back to have another look how it’s going they would be a right clean up.

Well said Itrytoplease you are the only one to get my opinion on the place,I agree you have to maintain and update a public place to make it look as good as possible,bet if the queen came back to have another look how it’s going they would be a right clean up.

Who owns it? I have no idea.

If its the council, how much of an uplift would you like on your council tax, and/or which other service would you want cut back, in order to pay for it?

If it is a private company, it is, funnily enough, not really any of our business given they let people in for free.

I find it a lovely peaceful place to sit for a while. Also great to have somewhere indoors to have a packed lunch out of the rain!

I agree. I think the Winter Gardens are a wonderful addition to the city centre, a real oasis of calm.

More flowers in the flower beds would be nice, though I sometimes like to look around the exhibition rooms too.

What else would you like to see happen there?

Nothing, I was going to say 'it's perfect as it is,' but I think that's the point.

It's small, quiet, not a lot going on, a lovely oasis of calm. But what there is has to be as near perfect as possible: clean, pleasant, well maintained, peaceful* etc. If it gets run down and dingy its whole purpose is lost.

What about asking a few Sheffield gardners' groups to do a bit of voluntary maintainance?

(* I forgive them a couple of weeks noise in the snooker season.)