The winter gardens so dull

Had a look round the winter gardens and was really disappointed, it’s looking really tired and dull,no colour.at this time of the year it should be full of geranium s,and petunias etc or hanging baskets.the beds look as though they could do with a covering of new soil might be an idea to have sponsored beds by local companies to pump a bit of money in,come on the powers that be give it a spruce up with colour for the summer.

It's a brilliant spot to go and chat with friends / partners during the winter months.

I find the place terrible in the summer however, because of the heat and also find that it smells pretty bad sometimes too.

Maybe you should write in and ask for a refund.

Haha yes, exactly..

Maybe you should write in and ask for a refund.

Poor response, so just because we don't pay to enter we can't complain? I agree with the OP's idea of sponsors to help.

It is a winter garden.

There is a flower show at Chatsworth this week.

Had a look round the winter gardens and was really disappointed, it’s looking really tired and dull,no colour.at this time of the year it should be full of geranium s,and petunias etc or hanging baskets.the beds look as though they could do with a covering of new soil might be an idea to have sponsored beds by local companies to pump a bit of money in,come on the powers that be give it a spruce up with colour for the summer.

As already hinted at in the thread, I think you’re missing the pint of what the Winter Garden is supposed to be. It isn’t supposed to full of seasonal flowers, it’s a ‘winter’ garden and is full of tropical plants!

Personally I think it’s brilliant, it’s a relaxing place to spend an hour or two either alone or meeting up with friends. It’s fresh, relaxing and it always feels like an oasis of calm and cleanliness in the middle of our city.

As already hinted at in the thread, I think you’re missing the pint of what the Winter Garden is supposed to be. It isn’t supposed to full of seasonal flowers, it’s a ‘winter’ garden and is full of tropical plants!

Personally I think it’s brilliant, it’s a relaxing place to spend an hour or two either alone or meeting up with friends. It’s fresh, relaxing and it always feels like an oasis of calm and cleanliness in the middle of our city.

Exactly, needs a bar in there. :)

Exactly, needs a bar in there. :)

Oops... but what a great idea ^_^

It used to say bisto on buses but they didn’t sell it,I know it’s called theWinter garden,but it could still have some colour in there.

It used to say bisto on buses but they didn’t sell it,I know it’s called theWinter garden,but it could still have some colour in there.

Perhaps next time you might try the Botanical Gardens?

Guest makapaka

Imagine filling the winter gardens with geraniums !!