Jahova's wittnesses- A sinister cult controlled by freemasons?

I'm not an advocate of *any* religion. Looking at this thread though I can't help wondering why it's seemingly ok to ridicule jehovahs witnesses, when surely if these comments were aimed at other religions this would be challenged and the thread likely closed down?

I'm not an advocate of *any* religion. Looking at this thread though I can't help wondering why it's seemingly ok to ridicule jehovahs witnesses, when surely if these comments were aimed at other religions this would be challenged and the thread likely closed down?

Possibly something to do with likelihood and severity of possible relaliation from adherents of the various religions.

You may be less inclined to be critical of a particular religion, if doing so may very well result in injury or death.

Maybe you should do some research about this particularly nasty little cult.

Yes, most religions are deluded nonsense and should be criticised as such, but most manage to allow their adherents to live a reasonably normal life in the real world.

Yes, most religions are deluded nonsense and should be criticised as such, but most manage to allow their adherents to live a reasonably normal life in the real world.

Alternatively they could have chosen to live in ghettoish segregation and accuse anyone, such as the detractors and ridiculers on this thread, of being a Jehovahaphobic bigot.

Alternatively they could have chosen to live in ghettoish segregation and accuse anyone, such as the detractors and ridiculers on this thread, of being a Jehovahaphobic bigot.

Are you seriously suggesting that religion should be above criticism?

Are you seriously suggesting that religion should be above criticism?

Absolutely not, just giving what is an alternative lifestyle choice that other religionist could follow.

I don't know much about jehovahs witnesses to be honest. But I know there are very unpleasant elements of other religions. People have killed and abused in the name of other religions. Yet if other religions were described as 'nasty cults' it would be seen as discriminatory. I don't think it's right to defend some religions in the name of being inclusive, diverse and politically correct and deride others as weird cults.

Cult "a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object"

Doesn't that cover just about any religion?

I don't think it's right to defend some religions in the name of being inclusive, diverse and politically correct

I think that is the first time I've ever heard religion called politically correct.

I do take your point in general however, I think all religions should be criticised when criticism is due but this is a thread about the Jehovahs, not religion in general.

I think that is the first time I've ever heard religion called politically correct.

I do take your point in general however, I think all religions should be criticised when criticism is due but this is a thread about the Jehovahs, not religion in general.

I probably didn't phrase that well. I meant 'politically correct' in terms of not being critical of a religion to prevent offending its followers. No one seems to be too concerned about potentially offending jehovahs witnesses on this thread. If the same remarks were made about other religions I'm sure it wouldn't be tolerated.

If the same remarks were made about other religions I'm sure it wouldn't be tolerated.[/b]

This thread is specific to "Jahova's wittnesses" :hihi:. Critique of other religions would be off topic.

Pick your choice of religion/religions, start a thread and I'd be happy to comment on it/them.

Edited by redwhine

The difference between a religion and a cult is about a million members; so says David V Barrett in his book 'The New Believers', a guide to sects, cults and alternative religions.