Landline dead very angry

How crap is VIRGIN MEDIA. Had no landline now for 24hours. I have rang them 3 times to be told there is a fault in the area which is S5 & it will be resolved in a few hours. Still no joy. I need this landline as my as my mother ln law suffers from Alzheimers & this is the only number she knows. Told operator at virgin but are they interested NO. As I have loads of paper work to print off from the computer I would tell them to come & take it all out. I will do at the end of July as it is <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

We have been having serious problems with everything Virgin for the last month, today we have intermittent phone outages and full drops to internet connections, nightmare.

They told me landline would be sorted between 1 & 2 pm today it wasnt then 6 pm stillnot sorted. 10.35 pm still got no landline. Yes its a nightmare. Two people my partner works with have left them & us soon to leave no wonder they are shutting places down.

Guest makapaka

Don’t buy anything off virgin.

We've been having problems too. We had no broadband, phone, or tv for 24 hours, and with an I'll 3 year old it was a nightmare. I rang them and they said it will be fixed by 4pm. Then changed to 8pm and then by 9pm it was back on.. but the next day the same happened. They have put a credit of £3 On my account which they said is what it works out a day from what I pay a month.. if that was true it would be triple that! We're moving providers as soon as our contract is done. We've had nothing but problems with them. we're in s12.

We've been having problems too. We had no broadband, phone, or tv for 24 hours, and with an I'll 3 year old it was a nightmare. I rang them and they said it will be fixed by 4pm. Then changed to 8pm and then by 9pm it was back on.. but the next day the same happened. They have put a credit of £3 On my account which they said is what it works out a day from what I pay a month.. if that was true it would be triple that! We're moving providers as soon as our contract is done. We've had nothing but problems with them. we're in s12.

Just cancel it now and fight about the contract later

Just cancel it now and fight about the contract later

Stupidest advice ever. You are leaving yourself wide open for breach of contract and ending up paying because it.

You should get them to release you from your contract. Don’t go cancelling it unilaterally.

Edited by ez8004

Stupidest advice ever. You are leaving wide open for breach of contract and ending up paying because it.

You should get them to release you from your contract. Don’t go cancelling it unilaterally.

You have been online all night , why not give that advice earlier ?

I have never understood these ranting threads. I have been with Virgin for two years now and never had a problem. Customer service has been great, for example my TiVo box broke and it got replaced the next day and the engineer didn’t leave until it was fully working. I thought they would just post a new one. My broadband speed is supposed to be 100mbit but I always get around 108mbit every minute of the day, everyday. Never had an issue with contention.

You may have problems but you’re in the minority.

You think you pay £9 a day? £270 a month?

We've been having problems too. We had no broadband, phone, or tv for 24 hours, and with an I'll 3 year old it was a nightmare.

Up until 1961 we didn't have a TV, got our first phone in 1971 and broadband around 2000.

I wonder how we survived.

Up until 1961 we didn't have a TV, got our first phone in 1971 and broadband around 2000.

I wonder how we survived.

We got a TV in 1960, but we always had a phone through the 1950s. My dad needed it for work. We didn't make many calls, as hardly anyone else had one!

We're with Virgin, had a couple of issues that were across S6 over the last few weeks. However taking the service (TV, phone and broadband) over the years, there have hardly been any problems.