How come only white people are racist?

So because I ignore people it makes me racist.

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 12:37 ----------

It could help save them,I also believe they would shoot a white guy in the same position.

You haven't answered the question. Since when has it been the appropriate response for not doing as you are told to be shot dead?

You may think they would do the same to white folks - I am sorry to tell you that your view is wrong and the evidence from the US seems that you are at least twice as likely to be shot by police if you black as opposed to if you were white.

You may think they would do the same to white folks - I am sorry to tell you that your view is wrong and the evidence from the US seems that you are at least twice as likely to be shot by police if you black as opposed to if you were white.

And the (usually white) cop who pulls the trigger is almost guaranteed not to be convicted. And the people who complain about this are 'racist' because they talk about black lives.

Personally, I suspect the root cause of our social attitudes on racism stems from the perspective of white supremacists. Think about it, who other than them would treat racism against none-whites as if it were a greater crime than racism againts a superior race?

Edited by danot

In my experience in this country the most racist people are usually black people. I live in a mainly white area and neither me nor my family have suffered a single racist experience. I work in a mainly black area and that is very different. Very racist people make my work life very hard at times.

When I watch programmes like Roots and Underground I think my God how could a human being treat another human being like that, flipping disgusting. :rant:

It's possible that the slave trade is where racism comes from. In order to do that to people it's necessary to dehumanise them. As Michael Franti has it "Dehumanising people makes things simpler, it's like breathing with a respirator. It eases the conscience of even the most conscious and calculating violator". Denigrating black Africans as "godless heathens" and seeing them as less than fully human must have made it easier for European Christians feel ok about enslaving them.

It could help save them,I also believe they would shoot a white guy in the same position.

have a look at this

"mostly" white cops shooting "mostly" black men, "mostly" unarmed. and what happened after.......

i see was the cop who shot Walter Scott got 20 years (probably cos he hid a taser next to the mans body and lied, said he tried to taser him), most of the rest got either found not guilty, or aquitted.

most fired 10 or even 16 shots at the person

You haven't answered the question. Since when has it been the appropriate response for not doing as you are told to be shot dead?

When you reach for a weapon.

Have you got the stats?

It's possible that the slave trade is where racism comes from. In order to do that to people it's necessary to dehumanise them. As Michael Franti has it "Dehumanising people makes things simpler, it's like breathing with a respirator. It eases the conscience of even the most conscious and calculating violator". Denigrating black Africans as "godless heathens" and seeing them as less than fully human must have made it easier for European Christians feel ok about enslaving them.

For all poor souls that have ever suffered such a barbarrick life I hope Reincartion exsist just to give all the people who suffered such a terrible life another chance of a better life.

I never hear of anyone who isn't white, being described as racist, or accused of racism. I'm curious, is racism something that only white people are capable of?

As the current law stands, if you believe you're a victim of racism, then you're a victim of racism, full stop, no questions asked.

Here's a link to a story that prompted some comments from within the Asian community.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/11/bradford-stabbing-prompts-uk-asians-to-warn-of-racism-towards-black-people

have a look at this

"mostly" white cops shooting "mostly" black men, "mostly" unarmed. and what happened after.......

i see was the cop who shot Walter Scott got 20 years (probably cos he hid a taser next to the mans body and lied, said he tried to taser him), most of the rest got either found not guilty, or

most fired 10 or even 16 shots at the person

If the copper is guilty he should be sentenced to live the guy who put the teaser at the side should have been given life but not all the cops are racist,like I've said 21 cops shot dead in 17 weeks this year,would you take any chances?

Have a look at the guy with the knife in the Sun today,being a copper is not easy.

Edited by ukdobby

If the copper is guilty he should be sentenced to live the guy who put the teaser at the side should have been given life but not all the cops are racist,like I've said 21 cops shot dead in 17 weeks this year,would you take any chances?

Have a look at the guy with the knife in the Sun today,being a copper is not easy.

16 bullets against an unarmed man says it is easy

All lives should matter, but a dissproportionate % of black people were getting shot by plod in the US for doing nothing more than being black, hence the birth of the Black Lives Matter movement. As you well know, but choose to ignore.

I'm sure that Black Lives Matter was set up with all good intentions but it now seems to have been hijacked & is last year's / this year's cause célébre for the trendy, White liberal to attach themselves on too.

Meanwhile back in the real world, what it should be fighting for: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44328047