How come only white people are racist?

Perhaps because we live in a predominately white country. In other countries where non-whites are predominant racism against white might be more prevalent, it's just not reported here.

I never hear of anyone who isn't white, being described as racist, or accused of racism. I'm curious, is racism something that only white people are capable of?

An example of confirmation bias if ever I saw one.

Where did I ignore it ? I asked a question :huh:. Expecting a reply from you shortly

He has replied to you. He pointed out that BLM was formed in response to the obvious conclusion that US police departments think black lives matter less than white lives. It's also pretty obvious that the current president and government feel the same. A lopsided problem generates a lopsided response.

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 09:07 ----------

Yes Mel , I do know why the BLM started . I asked the question because a while ago I saw a BBC Hardtalk programme where they had a discussion with one of the founders of BLM , a lady . And to be honest with you she was as much a racist as anyone , she said where she lived there should be No white cops because All white cops were killing black people :(

That's not being racist, that's being fearful. She didn't say there shouldn't be white people in her neighbourhood, just no white cops. Presumably because she has a lot more to fear from white cops than from white people in general. I would say she has good reason to be fearful of white cops.

Edited by Bob Arctor

and you should see if what she said is correct, is it a place where white police are killing black people? should there be instances where they should be removed? should black people still be killed? or is it indeed racism?

They get killed because they resist the law,they run away when unquestioned ect,if they answered what the law asked they would not get killed you make it sound as though the police murder them just for the sake of it.

They get killed because they resist the law,they run away when unquestioned ect,if they answered what the law asked they would not get killed you make it sound as though the police murder them just for the sake of it.

Yeah, that's the problem there.

Yeah, that's the problem there.

So how manys been proved guilty by a court?

So how manys been proved guilty by a court?

Exactly - good, you're starting to get it.

I've lived in Sao Paulo and Joburg and learnt quickly if someone with a weapon asks for your money you give it them,same in USA,if a cop with a gun asks to search you,let him/her,you'll walk away alive.

Did you even read the article? Do you watch the news at all?

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 10:16 ----------

I've lived in Sao Paulo and Joburg and learnt quickly if someone with a weapon asks for your money you give it them,same in USA,if a cop with a gun asks to search you,let him/her,you'll walk away alive.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/20/us/philando-castile-shooting-dashcam/index.html

Police officer asks for ID, black man reaches for the ID, police officer fatally shoots him.

So does complying guarantee that a white cop won't shoot a black person in the USA, no, not in the slightest.

Problem with this thread, like many, is that it will be hijacked by people for political reasons.

There's your white supremacist 'type' i.e.. edl/bnp supporter who is on the lookout for any example of black people with a voice (Dianne Abbot; Luther King for example) and branding them racist, which they are not.

But then there is the do-gooder 'type' who insist that racism is almost always white on black, (look at history man!)

When in fact racism takes all types of guises and is prevalent in all walks of life.

Just look at how the British treated the Irish, as well as the Africans, Indians etc.,. Or how different ethnic groups commit genocide in places worldwide, past and present.

The whole concept of racism is wrong, but will always be used to control people.

As I said, it is education we need, not hijacking

Isn't part of he education bit, just being able to talk about it in a fair way?

Maybe your right though, and maybe the general membership of SF isn't up to the task of maturely debating this issue (to be fair, I am sure most are, it's just a minority), and the thread may or may not degrade and get closed, we'll see!...

Did you even read the article? Do you watch the news at all?

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 10:16 ----------

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/20/us/philando-castile-shooting-dashcam/index.html

Police officer asks for ID, black man reaches for the ID, police officer fatally shoots him.

So does complying guarantee that a white cop won't shoot a black person in the USA, no, not in the slightest.

Can we have a reply from DobbyUK on this please. I want to know if s/he still thinks 'they' just need to comply with police instructions to not be killed.

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 10:26 ----------

Exactly - good, you're starting to get it.

Yes, well put. This really is the point about racism isn't it. Black people in the US can be bigoted about white people or Koreans or Hispanic people or gays or Muslims or whatever, but they don't have a black-dominated power structure behind them, allowing them to do what they want and largely get away with it. To answer the OP, this is why some people reserve the term 'racism' for white bigots in a white-dominated country. I'm not entirely sure where I stand on that, but that is how some people see it.

Shut happens sometimes things don't work out how they should,you have shown us one instance but how many black people comply and walk away alive?